Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Ghana News Agency is searching for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Senior Reporter
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Generates story ideas and following leads from local and international sources to plan, arrange and conduct interviews and writes stories and features in the public interest
- Works to oral and written instructions and to established procedures
- Covers and reports general news events and breaking news in real time pitches story ideas to editors for follow up
- Reports on assigned beats, such as Law and Order, Peace and Security, Environment and Agricultures to video, online and social media content
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalist or Communications with at least 5 years working experience as a Journalist
- Must be a member of a professional association such as the Ghana Journalists Association
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and understand at least one Ghanaian language
- Good understanding of current affairs and capacity to analyze political, economic and social issues
- Passion for process-centred stories
- Strong knowledge of media ethics and law
- Great interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker, team player and problem-solving skills
- Must have presence on social media
- Should be able to undertake standup interviews
- Experience audio and/or video production
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application cover letters stating the position, district and region with a comprehensive curriculum including supporting documents to the:
Director of Administration
Ghana News Agency
Applicants must as part of the application submit a Statement of Purpose (Number of words 500 words, font style, Time Roman, Front size and lining spacing should be 1.5), indicating their strength as Journalist and when they should be considered for the role.
Or Send Application to:
Indicating position as the subject
Closing Date: 4th September, 2020
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.