Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Senior Manager, Business Development to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the Ghana Team, the Senior Manager, Business Development will:
- Lead and develop a business development strategy and an action plan based on the existing donor scoping and funding plan
- Implement a programme funding strategy, based on sustainable income growth for WaterAid Ghana to deliver its WASH objectives
- Support the development of high-quality bids for submission to donors;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Lead on continuous donor scoping and relationship building, gathering and sharing intelligence
- Management of bid development processes for technical/narrative proposal and budgets, working closely with Programme and Finance Teams; and
- Maintain an overview of all grants, follow-up implementation schedules, reporting timelines and ensuring compliance with grant agreements and contractual obligations.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- A Master’s degree in International Development, Institutional Development, Business Management / Administration, or related fields.
- Strong experience in programme funding from institutional donors such as the EU, DFID, USAID, DANIDA etc., raising and managing funds from UN Agencies such as UNDP and UNICEF and development partners, managing relationships with the Government of Ghana and Civil Society Organizations in Ghana.
- Good knowledge of international development, West Africa and Africa in general, with at least five years of experience at senior management level.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.