Jobs In Ghana 2020
Latest Scam Alerts
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
The RF and Optimization Manager will manage and set direction for the Radio design, planning & optimization of the radio network to ensure that the Network is in its best health and Network deployments are in line with coverage, capacity and quality demands to meet Vodafone Group KPIs, Ghana Regulatory KPIs, customer experience excellence and revenue objectives.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Gain a thorough understanding of Customers, Business needs and strategic direction by consulting with relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate Radio plans and site designs are developed and delivered in line with the business requirements and needs.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Plan, implement and monitor the CAPEX and OPEX Budget for RF projects to ensure cost effectiveness and compliance to the budget.
- Ensure capacity management through traffic analysis and planning for expansions of RAN resources in 2G, 3G, 4G etc to meet expected capacity and quality of service.
- Build, develop, and manage the NPO Team, establishing RF planning standards and guidelines, management of the coverage planning tools, and ensuring consistency in cell site design and practices across the network.
- Ensure proper monitoring, investigation and resolution of radio KPI degradation that impact on customer experience to avoid penalty from the Regulator (NCA) and customer complaints received are investigated and resolved within agreed timelines. Undertake benchmarking
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- BSc Electrical & Electronic Engineering or BSc Telecom Engineering
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in radio planning and optimisation, highly proficient with cellular network design & operational theory, telecoms principles, cellular wireless technologies, radio access network design theory.
- Cellular / Mobile Technology proficiency: 2G/3G/4G/5G LTE and NR theory and practical experience.
- Proven management experience at a senior level of a multi-disciplined technical team.
- Able to understand business requirements and ensure they are translated into delivery plans.
- Technical vendor management experience.
- Be able to work in a changing and uncertain environment driving the teams to new levels and significantly increased performance.
- Solid understanding of network design principles and techniques
- Experience with drive test and benchmarking equipment, processes, and interpreting results
- Strong RF and antenna theory, and understanding as well as radio propagation
Key performance indicators:
- Delivery of detailed cost effective radio budget and its implementation within agreed timelines.
- Achievement of radio KPIs per Vodafone Group and NCA targets.
- Effective delivery of the Managed service team per the agreed radio KPIs in the contract.
- Network Access Technology
- Data Analytics and Insights
- Mobile and Network Security
- System, Service and Solution Development
- Testing and Evaluation
- Software Engineering
- Automation and Robotics
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: