Jobs In Accra 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The MEL Coordinator is a member of the MER unit. The role of the position is to contribute to ensuring programme quality and accountability at project level. The position supports and supervises the monitoring, evaluation, studies, research and the dissemination of the results in Project. Ensures those results are used in a way to improve the quality of the projects in the project.
Dimensions of Role:
The MEL Coordinator will support the accountability for developing and implementing the project’s MEL system, support the provision of capacity development in M&E to local organizations, and developing and implementing the project’s knowledge management system, all with the ultimate objective of improving program effectiveness.
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
- Support the monitoring and evaluation system, tools and processes development
- Support the finalization and validation of Performance measurement frameworks with relevant stakeholders
- Support the integration of indices designed as composite measurements that aggregate, rank and summarize multiple indicators and data points.
- Support the development of qualitative and quantitative monitoring tools suited to the needs and capacities of WROs operating at different levels.
- Conduct project monitoring inclusive of tool design and development; data collection, cleaning and compilation; analysis, validation and sharing with relevant stakeholders.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of Management Information System to systematically collect, store and analyze output and activity information.
- Support the conduction of project baseline and endline studies inclusive of developing Terms of Reference and ensuring consultants deliver high quality reports (support in verifying the methodology, the relevance of the tools, and the quality of the report submitted) and value for money.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- High level contact Internal: the Project level program team, implementing partner organizations, entrepreneurs and VSLAs, and Plan International Canada
- Medium level contact: the Project operations team, the CO based technical advisors
- Low level contact: Maintains low contact with other staff from the Program Unit and country offices to offer support for understanding and implementation of the WISE related activities
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience.
Qualification and Experience
- Advanced degree in statistics, measurement, planning, monitoring & evaluation, development studies, Social science, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in program planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and research of development projects.
- Good understanding of results-based management tools and approaches
- Demonstrable good experience in developing and implementing MEL systems, inclusive of Management Information Systems
- Good knowledge of the processes, procedures and systems in project planning, management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Good experience in leading quantitative and qualitative tool design and data collection techniques, statistical analysis, and data presentation and validation of results.
- Knowledge in women’s economic empowerment programming and working with different stakeholders (the private sector, government and non-profit organizations) is an advantage.
- Demonstrated behaviours needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role:
- Passion for gender transformative programming and women’s economic empowerment, mission driven work and personal values aligned with Plan International.
- Commitment to working transparently and with integrity.
- Inclusive and empowering approach to leadership and MEL.
- Demonstrated creativity and willingness to innovate.
- Flexible and adaptable work style to respond to an evolving context.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Communicates clearly and effectively
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: