Public Sector / Government Jobs In Ghana : Environmental Protection Agency Recruitment in Ghana 2020Public Sector / Government Jobs In Ghana 2020
Jobs In Ghana 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is seeking to recruit suitable qualified persons for the positions for the National Adaptation Project (NAP) Ghana Project.
The Government of Ghana, through the Environmental Protection Agency, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, has successfully obtained a grant of USD 2,950,634 from the Green Climate Fund (GCF) for a three-year project to build capacity to advance National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process in Ghana. The UN Environment is the Delivery Partner for the project, with the role of supporting and overseeing the project implementation.
The project entitled "Enhancing multi-sector planning and capacity for effective adaptation in Ghana" will be implemented by a small project team headed by a National Coordinator. The new NAP project will support multi-sectoral, medium- to long-term adaptation planning and budgeting in Ghana and promote the integration of climate change adaptation aspects into development planning processes and policies.
The key positions required under the project are:
Environmental Protection Agency Recruitment in Ghana 2020
The Project Administrative Officer will work in close collaboration with the Project Accountant, Gender and M&E Specialist, (and any other person the project may recruit) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNEP/EPA programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, es well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Maintain project correspondence and communication;
- collect, register, archive and maintain all information on project activities:
- Assist the Project Coordinator in advising all project counterparts on applicable administrative procedures and ensures their proper application:
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of progress reports;
- Prepare agendas and arrange field visits, appointments arid meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings:
- Maintain project filing system;
- Prepare routine correspondence and memoranda for Project Coordinator's signature.
- Receive, screen and distribute correspondence and attach necessary background information;
- Provide support to consultants and other clients in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc);
- Maintain records on all project personnel and consultants and their respective status (contracts, TORs, time and attendance - if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Assist in logistical organization of meetings (including project steering committee meetings), training and workshops;
- Draft minutes of Project Steering Committee and other project related meetings.
The applicant will work under the direct supervision of the National Coordinator for the Ghana National Adaptation Plan (NAP) project to ensure the achievement of the expected Outcomes and Outputs of the NAP project as set in the approved GCF Funding Proposal document and the Project Coope.iation Agreement (PGA) between the Environmental Protection Agency of the Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation (MESTI) and UN Environment. He/She will be responsible for the overall financial management issues for effective implementation of the project.
The incumbent must demonstrate commitment to EPA's mission, vision and values. S/he must display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Under the supervision of the National NAP Coordinator (NC), the Financial Officer will responsible for the execution of financial management activities such as maintaining project accounts, undertaking bank reconciliations, preparing quarterly and annual expenditure reports, preparing budget revisions and cash advance requests. The Finance Officer will be based in the Project Management Unit located in the premises of the Environmental Protection Agency. Specifically, the Financial Officer will have to:
- Keep the accounting records of the project;
- Arrange and archive accounting records in an appropriate manner in accordance with UN International Accounting Standards and Procedures Manual and the provisions of the Financing Agreements;
- Under the supervision of the National NAP Coordinator. prepare quarterly, mid-year and annual financial reports of the project at the established frequency and forward them no later than the fifteenth day at the end of each reporting period, while ensuring prior control of all financial information;
- Regularly monitor the financial implementation of the project within the approved budget and in accordance with the provisions of UN Environment and the provisions of the financing agreements;
- Carry out the year-end inventory (fixed assets, inventories, depreciation):
- Carry out the closing of the accounts at the end of the year;
- Prepare and facilitate the conduct of annual project audits, and improve internal control procedures by taking into account audit recommendations;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the National NAP Coordinator.
The MEGS will work in close collaboration with the Project Administrative Officer and the Project Accountant (and any other person the project may recruit) under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNEP/EPA programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems. The incumbent will be responsible for;
- Establishing and operationalizing an effective data collection system and reporting forms for
capturing quantitative and qualitative information on climate change adaptation in Ghana;
- Preparing in a timely manner project progress, monitoring, mid-term and final evaluation reports
- Establishing an operational manual of M&E system that incudes the above and guides the project team in processing and evaluating the information:
- conducting gender analyses, assessments, and qualitative and quantitative research studies;
- integrating gender considerations and women's empowerment activities into adaptation planning and implementation;
- designing and facilitating gender trainings as part of the project implementation; integrating gender considerations into M&E systems and structures;
- designing gender and climate change adaptation integration tools and toolkits; any other task(s) assigned by the Project Coordinator.
The incumbent must demonstrate commitment to EPA's mission, vision and values. S/he must display cultural, gender, religion. race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
Knowledge. Management and Learning
The incumbent must be willing to share knowledge and experience of the project implementation with stakeholders within the confines of the Project Cooperation Agreement (PCA). S/ he must actively work towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Click on an Environmental Protection Agency job vacancy above to read more and apply