Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region : Community Relations Representative III - Newmont Mining CorporationAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2020
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2020
Latest Scam Alerts
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Community Relations Representative III is responsible for the development, administration and implementation of the Newmont Mine Complaints and Grievance Process in accordance with the established standard operating procedures and lead the site in the implementation of Human Rights standard. The position has the capacity to provide early warning signal and to identify issues before escalating into conflict situation.
Complaints & Grievances Management
- Collate all complaints received, acknowledge receipt to the Complainants
- Enter complaints received in Cintellate and assign a Resolving Officer.
- Review progress made in resolving the complaint received, corrective actions taken to address the gap.
- Undertake locus on the Mine Take Area (MTA) and Mine Lease Area/Concession to ascertain the legitimacy of complaints & grievances to determine the recommendation to NGGL management for redress
- Conduct investigations into the complaints with the Resolving Officer(s) and engage Complainant with resolving Officer to ensure complaints are resolved within 30 days and/or escalated.
- Escalate complaints to either NGGL’s C&G committee or second order mechanism.
- Responsible to prepare and submit regular reporting of the status of grievances and complaints and action planning for resolution by management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Lodge Issues/ Community events received into Cintellate.
- Assign actions and follow up with action owners for resolution.
- Develop strategy for feedback engagement on community issues.
- Follow up with feedback where required on the issue.
- Regularly update communities heat map to reflect current situation of community mood and reactions to Newmont operations.
- Submit weekly reporting on communities issues heat map.
Representation and Mediation
- Receive, acknowledge, and support investigation of all cases against NGGL.
- Submit chronology of issues to legal department for advice- and engagement.
- Represent NGGL at Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ)/ Traditional Council mediations to manage complaints escalated to the Commission or the Council by community members.
- Conduct locus with the institution where required to establish the veracity of the claim.
Auditing and Reporting
- Coordinate and support all regulatory auditing process on complaints & grievances.
- Provide data and response to queries
- Facilitate communities visit to authenticate audit findings.
- Writes and submit mediation proceedings/reports to management.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports on community issues heat map and complaints and grievances.
Human Rights Management & Support
- Work with the Regional Human Rights Lead to develop the Site Human Rights implementation plan
- Coordinates all human rights related complaints using the human rights lenses to establish NGGL’s complicity in the reported complaint for escalation.
- Provides chronology of event of complaint of this nature to the Site Human Rights working group.
- Review and provide advice on complaints and grievance management process to the S&ER team.
- Lead and coordinate the setting up of internal Complaints and Grievance committee where necessary to review and decide on escalated complaints.
- Report all incidents and accidents in the work group to enable management to identify areas for improvement in work practices.
- Demonstrate leadership in safety and comply with Newmont Ghana HSLP policies and procedures that involve but are not limited to Safety inspections, Safety Training, Annual Refresher, Safety Talks, Incident Reporting and Investigation etc.
- Present information accurately at safety/environment meetings.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
First Degree in Sociology / Law, Social Sciences or related disciplines.
- Negotiation and Mediation Skills
- Good understanding of the local culture.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in grievance management / resolution, administration, public relations, a legal environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a leadership role
There is a potential risk to health and personal abuse in the course of duty
However, working environment of incumbent is safe. Unsafe conditions have been identified and measures have been put in place either to eliminate or mitigate unsafe working conditions
Besides planned work, daily activities are determined by emerging business needs and priorities as dictated
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: