The Vice Chancellor's Endowment Fund (VCEF) is pleased to announce to the general public that the Fund is receiving applications for scholarships frorn suitable fresh and undergraduate students of the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) for the 2019/2020 academic year. The application is opened from Monday August 12. 2019 - Friday August 30. 2019 by 5:00 pm Ghana time.
Background of VCEF
Established by the University Of Professional Studies Accra, the VCEF donations from the university community and third parties.
Scholarship Award Scheme
The scholarship award packages shall be in two categories:
- Full Scholarship (covering tuition fees,miscellaneous university-approved charges. hostel accommodation. stipend for books and study materials)
- Partial Scholarship (covering tuition fees, miscellaneous university-approved charges).
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Scope of the Scholarship Award Scheme
The Scholarship Scheme, under the VCEF is targeted at prospective and continuing students of University's undergraduate programmes and any other course of study as the Board of Trustees shall approve.
- The Scholarships are mainly for Ghanaian students Scholarships will be awarded to bright and financially students.
- Awards are available for the needy marginalised and talented students
- Awards are biased towards needy females (60:40)
- Scholarships are not automatically renewed annually.
- They are reviewed yearly against both need and academic performance.
- An award can also be withdrawn if is reason to believe that the financial circumstance either has changed for the better or was entirely falsified in the first instance. If a falsification is detected. the student will make a refund or serve out the full bond as stipulated in the application form without recourse to any further funding from UPSA
A student is eligible if he/she satisfies most of the ff:
- A prospective or current student of UPSA
- Must have performed creditably though they attended less-endowned GES-approved schools
- Demonstration of limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses
- Demonstration of willingness to succeed (determination, perseverance and success).
- Obtained aggregate of 11 or better at the WASSCE or an equivalent examination
- Not Currently receiving support through any otherscholarship program and pledge not to accept any other scholarship unless permitted to do so by the Awards Committee.
- Willingness to work for five years in Ghana after graduation
- Willingness to work in a company as an intern or support VCEF fundraising activities during non-school
- A gifted or bright person
- Maintains an excellent academic standard of at least a B CGPA (3.0 GPA) for a continuing student
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Prospective beneficiaries should apply to the Scholarships Awards Committee by submitting, bothhard and soft copies of the following documents where
- Completed scholarship application form (available at https://www.upsa.edu.gh/images/vcefschform2. pdf)
- High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
- West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE) or any relevant entry qualifications
- University Acceptance or Admission Letter Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honours, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
- Documents to substantiate the need
- Completed Guarantor's form
Soft copies of all relevant documents should be sent to
Hard copies of document should be addressed to:
Attn: Dr. Ibrahim Mohammed
University of Professional Studies, Accra
P O. Box LG 149
Legon - Accra
Selection Panel and Criteria
Shortlisted applications will be reviewed by a Selection Panel and invited for an interview. The Panel will take into account factors as follows:
- Academic excellence
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities.
Fairness and Transparency
The Selection Panel is required to be totally fair and transparent in recommending awards and to maintainconfidence in the handling and processing of
Want more updates on these?
our facebook page or Follow @JobSearchGh our twitter page. Share this article using the share button below