Are you a First year or Continuing student pursuing, first degree education in any of the public tertiary institutions in Ghana? Do you need financial assistance?
The MTN Ghana Foundation launched a new scholarship scheme in 2018 to support 300 brilliant and needy Ghanaians to complete their tertiary education over a three year period. The scholarship will cover the cost of Tuition, Accommodation and a Stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
Refer to the criteria below and mode of application, complete the application form and present to MTN Ghana
Foundation through any of our regional offices or online via scholarship.mtn.com.gh.
- Must be a citizen of Ghana.
- Must be proven to be;
- Hardworking with excellent academic results
(An applicant in the first year of any public tertiary institution in Ghana and should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively).
Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant electives.
For the purposes of this Scholarship, a credit pass in:
WASSCE means A1 — C6
SSSCE means A — D
A Continuing student applicant should have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Be involved in extra curricula activities.
- Be proven to be without any academic disciplinary issue and/or must not be serving a bond to be of good behaviour.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Continuing students and first year students In any accredited public tertiary Institution in Ghana whomeet all criteria may apply.
- Applicants must provide o one page letter of motivation indicating why MTN Foundation should grant this scholarship. The letter must include your educational and professional goals.
- Applicants must attach their WASSCE results, admission letters and written Testimonials from his/her Senior High School. Please note that thorough checks will be made on all documents submitted.
- Application must be submitted together with valid contact details (Phone number/E-mail address).
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to meet the scholarship panel.
- An applicant who enjoys any form of educational scholarship should not apply.
- Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering, WOMEN and PERSONS with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
- Application submission is from June 13, 2019 to July 13, 2019.
- Successful Candidates would be contacted directly and their names published in the newspapers by August 28, 2019.
How to apply for this scholarship
Applicants can go online and apply through the web portal
visit any of these MTN Service Centres to pick up forms ; Tamale Branch, Wa Branch, Bolgatanga Branch, Kumasi (Nhyaeso branch), Takoradi Market circle branch, Ho main Branch, MTN House, Accra, Cape Coast Branch,Sunyani main Branch, Koforidua Main Branch.
For further clarification or assistance, send an email to
Please note: Under no circumstances whatsoever would an applicant be required to pay any money for the processing of their applications.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Want more updates on these?
our facebook page orFollow @JobSearchGh our twitter page. Share this article using the share button below