Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified African Students for the Mo Ibrahim Foundation fully-funded masters scholarships 2019/2020 to study in the UK.
The International Development Department, University of Birmingham, is pleased to offer one scholarship for our MSc in International Development (Governance and State-building), for the academic year starting in September 2019.
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Masters Scholarships
The Governance and Statebuilding programme is one of the specialised streams within international development, and takes an interdisciplinary standpoint, combining the theoretical rigour of political economy and the practical experience of development. The good governance agenda occurs now increasingly alongside debate on state-building, which encompasses issues such as accountability and transparency, corruption, conflict, political settlement, human rights, participation, access to justice and democratisation.
- Applicants must have a first class Honours degree, or equivalent, and be African nationals domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country.
- Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The entry requirements consist of:
- A first class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university.
- Good written and spoken English. For those whose first language is not English, evidence of this capacity is required. Applicants should reach at least level 6.5 in the IELTS or 580 /93 for TOEFL. Please check the University website for more information on English language requirements.
Value of Award
The scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee
- Air fare to and from the United Kingdom and visa
- Monthly stipend of £950 for 18 months
- Arrival allowance of £950
The remaining six months for the internship will be funded directly to the successful candidate by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
Duration of Award: The scholarship is for two years to enable the applicant to complete the MSc and undertake a one year internship, including six-months with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
How to Apply for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Masters Scholarships
- Applications must be received through the University online application system, by 19 May 2019.
- In addition to the usual documents to be submitted, applicants should also upload a 500 word statement and CV. This statement should set out why the applicant is the best candidate for the scholarship.
- Applicants must then send an email to Mrs Debra Beard ([email protected]) informing her of their wish to be considered for the Mo Ibrahim Scholarship and their ID number.
- Please include ‘Mo Ibrahim Scholarship’ in the subject line of the email.
For more information, visit the Mo Ibrahim Foundation Masters Scholarships by clicking here.
Application Deadline: 19th May 2019
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Want more updates on these?
our facebook page orFollow @JobSearchGh our twitter page. Share this article using the share button below