Data/Records Management Jobs In Accra : Deputy Government Statistician, Economic & Data Science - Ghana Statistical ServiceData/Records Management Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented, results-driven with good leadership qualities and enthusiasm into the position of Deputy Government Statistician. Economic and Data Science
DEPUTY GOVERNMENT STATISTICIAN (ECONOMIC AND DATA SCIENCE)
To offer support to the Government Stalistician through the provision of strategic leadership for the efficient production and optimal use of economic statistics at all levels of governance (national, regional and district) and by all other stakeholders for promoting an evidence-based decision-making culture
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an integrated framework for the transformation of economic statistics and engagement with data in a manner that responds to national. regional and global development agendas,
- Provide strategic direction and lead the execution of the mandate of the sections under the remit of the Deputy Government Statistician for Economic and Data Science, namely National Accounts and Macroeconomic Analysis, Business Statistics and Prices. Methods and Standards. Research and Data Science.
- Institute innovative interventions and ensure compliance with international standards to help coordinate and lead the production of economic statistics within the national statistical system;
- Build and maintain professional and forward-looking relationships on economic statistics with the Bank of Ghana. Ministries for Finance and Planning and other key user and opinion formers,
- Position and protect Ghana Statistical Service on the international pedestal as a leader in the production of quality and policy-relevant economic statistics;
- Lead the determination and regular update of the scope granularity and frequency of economic statistics;
- Generate. publish, and defend all needed economic statistics for national and global development:
- Design and implement monitoring and evaluation systems that uncover staff potential and motivation for optimal growth of GSS in a manner that impacts Ghana's development agenda,
- Engage with and ensure collective adherence to fundamental codes of ethics. conducts and practices in data handling and analysis.
- Lead the production of high-quality economic statistics for tracking the performance of national. regional and international development agenda, notably the National Coordinated Programme for Economic and Social Development Policies_ the Africa Agenda 2063 and the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals
- Deploy contemporary data science tools in harnessing different data sources while ensuring complementarities and convergence with traditional surveys and censuses:
- Promote the production of metadata and manuals for sources of data and methods as integral components in the release to economic statistics to foster use of data and further analytical engagements to inform policy discourse:
- Design an optimal mix of statistical methods and data science for the establishment of a coherent and cutting-edge cadre of analytic methods across the NSS:
- Develop the data conceptualisation and methodological skills base across the NSS:
- Drive an agenda to harmonise data production, analysis and use across the NSS:
- Build strong strategic partnerships with Government Agencies, Private Sector Organisations and with other analytic professions to catalyse new sources of data (big, administrative and geo-spatial) and their uses for policy development and service delivery;
- Help drive the transformation of data services available to decision-makers and the public, mobilising data held by departments and capitalising on the unique position and potential capability of GSS to provide an authoritative and compelling public face for this agenda;
- Initiate, provide and institutionalise evidence-based statistics to engender public policy discussions on matters related to economic statistics and data responsiveness to development
- Build and entrance Ghana's reputation for data use across domestic and international statistical systems. maximising the benefits of collaboration and partnership working to ensure that Ghana is a model of best practice;
- Develop penodic performance reports of the various sections under the remit of the Deputy Government Statistician for Economic and Data Science;
- Make a case for the appropriate funding of economic statistics, optimise value for money and ensure probity and good governance in the use of public funds.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a research-based postgraduate degree (at least Master s degree( in an area related to statistical economics and economic analysis;
- A minimum of 12 years post qualification work experience in a field related to statistical, economics and economic analysis, with at least 5 years in a senior management position;
- Evidence of academic or professional publications or representation on issues related to economic statistics; and.
- Experience in leading programme development and research projects in a major institution
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- A strong record of delivery, including change management in relevant analytical fields;
- Evidence of technology deployment in the dispensation of professional duties leading to transformation in the modes of operations.
- Management and leadership, with good staff performance. mentonng and coaching practices: and Good interpersonal skills, ability to operate effectively across organisational boundaries.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years. renewable upon satisfactory performance_ Applicants must be eligible and capable of serving a full term of four years before attaining the compulsory retiring age of 60 years.
DUTY POST: Accra, Ghana
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.