Jobs In Accra 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Project: Special Initiative“Training and Job Creation”
Reports to: Team Leader
Assignment Period: Two years contract with a possibility of an extension
Location: Accra, Greater Accra
Due to the constant growth of Africa’s population (population doubles to a total of 2.5 billion people until 2050), the continent is in need of twenty (20) million new jobs annually. This goal is only achievable in cooperation with the private sector. In order, to realize employment-related investments with companies, the Special Initiative works in three areas of intervention;
The Special Initiative “Training and Job Creation” works to make business locations and industries economically more attractive (through a cluster approach). It intervenes to support industrial parks, to improve export opportunities, and to address various obstacles to investment, e.g. lack of skilled workforce or customs clearance.
In addition, the Special Initiative “Training and Job Creation” fosters sustainable investment. It works with companies (e.g. on feasibility studies and financing for enterprises), develops joint projects with enterprises (e.g. on training and upskilling), and establishes sustainable value and supply chains (e.g. by improving quality in supply industries).
Furthermore, the Special Initiative “Training and Job Creation” promotes the SME sector by improving the business environment and enhancing competitiveness, to help companies enter new markets, and to boost cooperation between Ghanaian and German SMEs.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Cooperate with the Head of Business and Invest and the Head of SMEs to acquire, plan, set up and implement new partnership projects with the private sector.
- Responsible for identifying new project opportunities.
- Responsible for developing a network within institutions representing private sector
- interests, donors involved in private sector development, private sector companies.
- Support the coordination between German and European companies in Ghana, with
- Ghanaian SMEs and with state actors such as GIPC, AGI, AHK and other Employers' groups.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Minimum requirement MA/MSc in management, economics, agronomy or a similar field.
- At least three (5) years of professional experience in a comparable position.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate projects at various developmental stages.
- Very good working knowledge of digital technologies (Internet, software) and computer applications (e.g. Office Applications, virtual team platforms).
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Availability for frequent missions to rural areas in the regions concerned by the projects.
- Team oriented, good analytical, writing, communication, synthesis and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Disciplined and punctual; willingness to keep deadlines.
- Excellent English proficiency, good German knowledge will be an added advantage.
Competitive GIZ salary grid, SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one – page cover letter to:
under the job code 2019/NIED-SI JOBS/11/03.
Please note If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: 10.12.2019