Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Are you in search for a role to lead complex land access relationships with multiple stakeholders to ensure adherence with Newmont Goldcorp policies, standards and relevant national legislations, cultural heritage and customary rites for land acquisition and management?
- Do you have the skills to develop plans and procedures to acquire interests in lands within the company’s leases to support business requirements?
- We are looking for someone who approaches work with commitment, honesty and integrity to join the Sustainability and External Relations team.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
In This Role You Will
- Submit required applications to and engage appropriate government agencies on all land access issues to ensure compliance with all applicable Newmont standards, and National legal requirements.
- Meet required schedules for compensation payments, within the budgeted resources, and ensure that the final survey, valuation and contract payments are undertaken timely, efficiently, accurately and with minimal conflict.
- Lead the Resettlement and Crop compensation negotiations team with particular emphasis on provision of timely and appropriate technical advice and final agreed compensation rates.
- Develop practical procedures for Company’s understanding of the culture and religion of the Ahafo North project, and lease area communities and recommend positive actions to be taken in order not to violate local customs, traditions and the peoples’ heritage associated with Project land access.
- Receive and address complaints from Ahafo North and lease area impacted farmers/land/property owners, etc. in consultation with supervisor and Community Relations team and provide feedback.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with local communities and key partners associated with NGGL Land Access to ensure maximum participation and cooperation from the impacted communities.
- Lead the land Access team and contractor’s contribution to the Zero Harm goal of Ahafo North with focus on projects Risk assessments Control Systems, quality Safety Interactions, Inspections, Audits, & Impact Mitigation.
- Contribute to cost estimation methodology and budgeting related to Land Access.
Your Skills, Training & Experience Checklist
- First Degree in Geography, Land Economy, Natural Resource Development or a related discipline.
- A working understanding of the Minerals and Mining Laws and laws affecting land in Ghana to be able to inform farmers and land owners of their responsibilities and rights related to a declared mining and moratorium areas.
- A clear understanding of Newmont’s Land Acquisition and Involuntary Resettlement standards (NEM-SER-STA-018) as well as Guide to Land Access and Compensation (GLAC) for project activities.
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience working in Extractive Industries with at least 5 years’ in a Managerial capacity.
- Advanced interpersonal skills (interacting with diverse functional and cultural backgrounds).
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Reliable and independent.
- Strong planning, prioritizing and coordination skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Goal oriented.
- Incumbent interacts with other Newmont sites globally with time differences and therefore sometimes work to meet that.
- Further engagement with external stakeholders such as traditional leaders, government officials places the role in a position to have to work according to their availability which does not always fit within the normal working hours.
- Managing community issues and stakeholders’ concerns, resolving conflicts between community stakeholders and the company as well as managing high community expectations provides a lot of stressful situations for the incumbent.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: