Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The US Mission in Accra, Ghana is seeking eligigble and qualified applicants for the position of Commercial Specialist in the Foreign Commercial Service Office of the Embasssy
As a professional analyst and advisor to the U.S. Senior Commercial Officer in planning, organising and administering programmes to facilitate the marketing of U.S. goods and services in Ghana, the incumbent assists U.S. firms by developing and organising market-entry and market-expansion strategies, including developing and writing market research; planning trade-promotion events; recruiting and leading trade delegation; identifying markets and opportunities; and bringing U.S. and host country business representatives together.
S/He analyses market trends and develops market research involving key market sectors and industries. The incumbent reports to the Senior Commercial Officer.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Completion of Bachelor's Degree in business management, economics, marketing, finance or international trade is required.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in business or government in the field of marketing, trade promotion, economics or international trade is required.
- English language Level IV fluency (reading, writing and speaking) and at least one local language Level Ill (speaking) is required. (Language proficiency will be tested).
- Thorough knowledge of the domestic economy and intemational trade comprehensive understanding of foreign trade policy and issues affecting domestic economy's bilateral trade relations with the United States; understanding of United States Government (USG) trade policies and export promotion programmes and working knowledge of international trade terms and procedures is required.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain an extensive network of appropriate mid and senior level contacts in the host government, among trade associations and in the private secton
- Must be able to organise and execute complex commercial research projects, prepare precise and accurate factual and analytic reports, and render advice with detachment and objectivity.
- Must be able to organise trade promotion events such as trade missions, VIP visits, networking events and brand-promotion events.
- Must possess excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office) with ability to type 40 words per minute - basic typing skill (Computer skills will be tested).
Salary (FSN-10) = GHS 105,062.00 p.a.
NOTE: US Mission Ghana no longer accepts paper applications for advertised jobs
CONTINUE READING BELOW
All Applicants must apply for current vacancies through the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA).
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
CLOSING DATE: November 18, 2019