Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
About This Role
- Are you a Geologist with a minimum of 15 years of broad industry experience in mining and exploration environments?
- Are you seeking a role in an organisation that supports the Regional Group Executive Exploration in the effective alignment of technical work carried out in support of exploration activities?
- Do you have the zeal to drive innovation and improve technical processes and systems to accelerate discoveries and reduce resource and reserve conversion costs?
In This Role You Will
- Lead a core regional pool of Subject Matter Experts in the areas of data acquisition, data management, geological modeling, geophysics, geochemistry, prospectity assessment and QA/QC. Constantly evaluate and optimize team’s performance, capacity and technical capability.
- Evaluate and prioritize work requests and partner with exploration teams to identify and allocate internal and external resources to staff teams able to complete projects in a timely fashion. Lead external consultants as necessary.
- Undertake technical reviews to ensure the quality of geological models developed by resource geologists across the region.
- Provide technical support to exploration teams in identifying, prioritizing and testing targets.
- Ensure standards for data acquisition, logging, sampling, assaying and geological modeling are followed and that these activities are carried out with sound application of geology fundamentals and proper use of available technologies.
- Provide mentoring to technical staff across exploration regional teams, support cross functional development, and improve collaboration of geologists across sites.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
- Degree in Geology or related fields with 15+ years of broad industry experience in mining and exploration environments.
- Minimum of ten years experience in resource/reserve reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in leading technical staff and understanding and communicating management expectations.
- Visible leadership in safety, health and S&ER.
- Strong understanding of Resource and Reserves disclosure standards.
- Experience in working with and supporting exploration activities in a variety of cultural environments.
- Strong knowledge of cost-benefit analysis, project management methodologies, and change management, including engagement and communications.
- Driving towards conflict resolution and having the authority to make decisions that impact delivering of solutions.
- Cross functional Business and Technical Acumen across the mining business cycle – understanding financial implication of technical drivers.
- The position is located at the Ahafo Mine site.?
- Position is required to travel to, and assist other domestic and international sites.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: