Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
A reputable non-bank financial institution is seeking to recruit a Risk Management Officer to manage its financial and non-financial risks in accordance with the Company's strategic direction
Duties and Responsibilities:
To design and implement an overall risk management framework, risk policies and procedures for the organisation.
Performing risk assessment:
To identify current and potential risks and analyse their impact on the company's image, operations and profitability.
Performing risk evaluation:
- To evaluate the company's previous handling of risks and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements.
- To educate the board of directors about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring heads of departments understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks.
- To implement Health & Safety Policies, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans of the Company.
- Evaluate effects of proposed Risk Management measures against current processes and procedures.
- Produce risk reports and present same to Risk Management Committee for adoption.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A good knowledge of Risk Management Framework.
- Ability to design and implement a Risk Management Strategy.
- A good understanding of the Risk Management Process.
- Ability to conduct risk analysis, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the major risk area
- Good leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Numerical skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and Presentation skills.
- Ability to cope with work and time pressure.
- Ability to pay attention.
- Good report writing skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to organise and execute work to meet tight deadlines.
Qualification and Experience
- First degree in Insurance, Risk Management, Law, Engineering, Actuarial Science or Financial Management
- Minimum of eight (8) years' experience in Risk Management preferably in an insurance industry.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience in a managerial position.
- Must be a member of any of the following professional bodies like Institute of Risk Management (IRM), Chartered Insurance Institute (Cll), Actuarial Society
- A postgraduate degree in Risk Management will be an added advantage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested persons should please send their application and CVs to:
Deadline: November 14, 2019