Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Civil Engineer Intern
Golder Associates is seeking a Graduate Junior Civil (Tailings / Geotechnical) Engineer to join the Mine Waste Division. This is a graduate position in the consulting team and is regarded as a professional person in the delivery of engineering design services in line with the Golder suite of tailings and mine waste engineering.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Undertake CQA for construction
- Geotechnical site investigations and core logging
- Assist senior engineers with various tasks
- Analyse geotechnical data, perform appropriate calculations and prepare data reports to Senior Engineers
- Prepare reports and technical specifications for review by Senior Engineers
- Participate in TSF Surveillance audits
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The successful candidate will have a background in:
- Related degree in Engineering in Civil or Geotechnical engineering.
- 0 – 2 Years’ experience post-graduation.
- Engineering design and / or geotechnical investigations experience (preferred).
- Exposure in design, site supervision and disposal of mining and industrial waste (preferred).
- Slope stability assessment, 3D modelling, producing drawings and sketches on AutoCAD (preferred).
- Modelling suite i.e. Civil 3D (preferred).
- MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint.
- Displays independence in completing work tasks and regular interactions with senior staff and mentor for guidance of such tasks.
- To grow into making decisions of moderate complexity with less frequent input and review from senior staff.
- Provides technical support to senior staff.
- Is responsible for completion of 3D models, technical memorandums, assist in compiling reports / documents and proposals with senior review.
- Understands Golder business systems and uses / follows these systems to ensure quality.
- This is the first level having more regular contribution to group or team goals and planning.
- Motivates and encourages staff around them to achieve results.
- Employee focuses on setting a positive example by identifying and reporting hazards, near misses and incidents.
- Displays a ‘safety first’ focus.
- Employee actively raises safety issues to the attention of peers, contractors and visitors and assists in seeking resolution to the issues identified.
- Communicates clearly and consistently the importance of health and safety and recognizes those who show the right behaviours
Trusted project team member consistently manages projects sub tasks, phases, wants to learn and expand project management abilities to eventually include larger multi-disciplinary projects, able to communicate with tasks leaders and teams.
Ownership Attitude: promotes the broader organisational strategy, makes decisions with the project’s best interests in mind
Good judgement: ability to prioritise challenges, competing interests in our business (i.e. time vs. costs vs. quality)
Technical excellence: creating an area of technical speciality or service, highly skilled and respected in their field, participates in on-going training and conferences.
Good problem solver: able to frame and communicate complex issues into simple tasks.
Corporate awareness: actively supports corporate initiatives, understands how Golder works.
Detail and quality focus: known for their high standard of care, takes pride in their work, pays attention to detail.
Learning and growth: takes responsibility for their career (with assistance from senior staff and mentors), actively seeks feedback, takes feedback well.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.