Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Newmont Goldcorp Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To contract on behalf of Newmont, primarily for mid-range spend and / or medium level risk. To collaborate effectively with all stakeholders in mining, process and support services in order to deliver best outcome of value to their budget, and to verify continuity of supply to all Newmont Africa operations. To facilitate the supply chain deliverables on Supplier Risk Management and Lifecycle procurement and contract Management process. To seek and leverage local, regional and global Newmont procurement opportunities to deliver value for the region
Contracting Process Management
- Provide information and reports on sensitive contracting activities and progress on projects, including deviations from original contract.
- Collaborate with the Services Procurement Manager and Site Supply Chain Lead to verify that all contracts meet Newmont, local, state and national laws, rules and regulations.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate purchasing vision and build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders / customers and external business partners.
- Responsible for operational engagement with End users into order to verify continuity of supplier and effective management of budget.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Understand End-users budget and proactively plan to deliver value.
- Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Analyse and review processes for improvement and / or identification of outdated procedures.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A Degree or Higher National Diploma in Building Technology, Civil Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or similar related area is required.
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Knowledge of SAP, Ellipse or equivalent enterprise level software packages is necessary.
- Between 3 to 5 years contracts experience.
- Administration experience in the mining and / or construction industry and / or in contracts.
The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for precise or detailed work is extreme.
- The incumbent is exposed to extreme mental pressure and stress.
- Collaboration and interaction is expected across the regional supply chain organizations as well as across other service and operational areas of Newmont.
- The position is located at Ahafo (Ghana).
- Position may be required to travel to and assist other domestic sites
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: