Jobs In Ho 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plan International Ghana, an international child-centered community development organization, is looking for a dynamic and results-oriented person to fill the position of Driver. The position is located at the Volta Program Unit / Ho and reports to the Logistics & Procurement Coordinator.
To enhance the project by driving the project vehicle and providing administration support.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- Drive professionally and defensively to ensure safety and protection of staff at all times without any incidents of accidents or injuries
- Ensure vehicle is maintained as per the maintenance schedule of the vehicle to enhance longevity of vehicle with no reports of frequent breakdowns or malfunctioning of vehicle
- Ensure that vehicle movement and mileage are duly recorded in the vehicle’s logbook to keep and track vehicle movement without any reports of carjacking
- Ensure that the vehicle is always cleaned to enhance its state and notify Administrative Coordinator at least 3 months before the expiry date of the vehicles documents (insurance/road worthiness certificate etc) for renewal without any queries from the MTTU/Police
- Dispatch local mail to addressees as would be directed to keep and maintain communication with our clients without any reports of missing mails
- Deposit and withdraw monies at bank as would be directed for implementation of project activities without any reports of fraud or loss of monies
- Comply with Plan’s Safeguarding of Children and young people Policy at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Perform any other duties to be assigned to support the attainment of project goals.
Required Skills or Experience
- GCE O level/SSS
- At least 5 years’ driving experience in the formal sector
- Valid driving license with at least class C
- Experience in the NGO sector preferably with child-related development organisation, would be an advantage
- Fluency in the Ewe Language is required.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Basic auto mechanic skills
- Good knowledge of the Highway Codes
- Defensive driving
- Good communication skills
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good planning and organizing abilities
- Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels as is required
- Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
- High sense of judgment and responsibility
- High safety awareness level of area of operation
- Good team player
This position entails 80% travelling time within Plan offices and in the Program Units with 20% of the time on office related activities.
Level of Contact with Children:
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit the following documents in addition to a cover letter to
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related)
- Applications should reach the following addresses below not later than 25th October, 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Plan is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect this. Selected applicants will be expected to comply with the child protection policy of the organization.