Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Tailings Manager – Closure.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Tailings Manager will be responsible for effectively managing and controlling the construction, operation, maintenance and rehabilitation of Obuasi Tailings Storage Facilities (TSFs). This role will work closely with the TSF design consultants and in-house construction team to ensure that the on-going construction of the TSF meets the design and operational requirements. The role will also work closely with Corporate and Regional Tailings Management and other key stakeholders to develop the Life of Mine tailings strategy.
- Achieve the annual safety targets as set by the MD / Operations Manager for area of accountability
- Demonstrate behaviour that is consistent with the AngloGold Ashanti Safety Vision and Values
- Ensure that the health and safety management systems (OSHAS 18001) in area of accountability are being complied with and that any deviations in this regard are addressed in the appropriate manner
- Lead by example always to create a safe work environment in which risk is managed and people are able to perform their jobs without the risk of injury to themselves or others
- Continuously seek opportunities for learning to improve safety performance. In cooperation with the processing department, ensure the tailings deposition systems are constructed and operated within life of mine (LOM) depositional requirements.
- Oversee interactive development of Tailing Storage Facilities final design drawings and documentation through to effective communication to the Project team.
- Oversee that required tailings deposition infrastructure, methods and operations as well as embankment design work is completed on time and in line with LOM operational requirements.
- Communicate all design related decisions and outcomes to the Corporate and Regional Tailings
- Understand overall requirements for timing of construction activities to meet operational requirements.
- Oversee all TSF construction activities.
- Produce monthly stewardship reports based on interpretation of daily, weekly and monthly monitoring information.
- Regularly monitor the performance of the TSF, observe and report on effectiveness of maintenance of all TSFs.
- Verify that operational freeboard, water management and access routes are properly maintained and that required remedial actions are implemented.
- Manage the TSF risk register which includes identifying risks with operations and stakeholders throughout the mine life cycle, developing corrective actions to mitigate risk and monitor implementation of corrective actions.
- In co-operation with the environmental department, ensure the development of designs that ensures the safe, stable and self-sustaining closure of dormant Tailings Storage Facilities.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Produce monthly stewardship reports based on interpretation of daily, weekly and monthly monitoring information
- Regularly monitor the performance of the dormant TSFs, observe and report on the effectiveness of maintenance.
- Verify that freeboard, water management and access routes are properly maintained and that required remedial actions are implemented.
- Select and appoint competent and passionate people, assign work, monitor performance, train and develop team members while creating a culture of high-performance teams
- Ensure that Obuasi’s assets are maintained in a safe working condition and maintenance is managed cost-effectively.
- Manage critical spares and stock accounts and ensure that the maintenance system is implemented and maintained.
- Manage and control the budget.
- Manage the effective utilization of the Obuasi’s expenditure.
- Control and achieve site specific budgets and manage overtime.
- Continuously identify opportunities to reduce cost or improve the cost efficiency of the closure plan
- Review compliance to laws and AGA standards and commitments, review performance against objectives and targets
- Identify all environmental risks and opportunities and provide and/or oversee the provision of quarterly updates regarding the control measures set out in order to address these.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Certified Engineer or Registered Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years geotechnical and tailings experience
- Minimum of Five (5) years managing or operating TSFs
- Mastery of the concepts and principles of a specialist field, ability to manage other professionals in this field
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Understand key elements constituting site safety system.
- Can lead team-based risk assessments and conduct behavioural based observations.
- Active participant in ensuring critical controls are in place and working.
- Can actively take part in reviewing of safety system elements such as practices / procedures
- Understanding of good production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Risk Management and Mitigation process and application ability
- Supervise team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Manage oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: