Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Ghana Audit Service is currently recruiting people with the under-listed qualifications and competencies to fill the vacant positions available in its offices across the country (Ghana) as Assistant Director under IT / Technical.
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
- Develop and implement an information technology strategy that is aligned with the Service’s operations.
- Provide technology leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives that improve cost effectiveness and service quality.
- Review financial request of all ICT needs and ensure value for money is obtain at all times.
- Manage purchasing and implementation of ICT software and hardware requirements, and coordinate internal development of software.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security and disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction to assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Supervise daily activities of ICT support team.
- Oversee provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Plan and facilitate staff development and team building.
- Hands-on deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software and peripherals.
- Study, develop and coordinate implementation of the linkages between ICT activities with respect to cross-compatibility and use of hardware and software, networks, e-mail groups, web-site design, database design and software development, e-based public information and advocacy campaigns.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science/Engineering or Business Information Technology from accredited tertiary institution and a Certified Member of an ICT professional body
- A minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience in the fields of ICT Infrastructure Programme Development, Web Design and Management, Database Development and Administration, Systems Management, Internet/Intranet Systems, of which 4years must be in middle management position.
- A Masters Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science/Engineering or Business Information Technology from accredited tertiary institution is an added advantage
- Excellent drafting skills end effective spoken and presentational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship within the office.
- Ability to work as part of the team, while taking initiatives to design and lead own work plans;
- Ability to develop clear goals consistent with agreed strategies, identify priority activities.
- Ability to identify and develop new approaches and innovative ways and means to strengthen ICT management.
- Solid knowledge and experience in broader development issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adequate ICT and information management strategies knowledge; proficiency in relevant hardware and software platforms and packages.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants for the Assistant Director job under IT / Technical at Ghana Audit Service should:
Interested persons must select the two (2) regions of choice (other than the Greater Accra Region) they will prefer if employed.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be invited to the next phase of the recruitment process.
Ladies and physically challenged persons who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday 31 October, 2019.