Jobs In Bogoso 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
AEL Mining Services is a leading developer, producer and supplier of commercial explosives, initiating systems and blasting services for mining, quarrying and construction markets in Africa and beyond. AEL Mining Services is a Division of AECI Ghana Limited, and a subsidiary of AECI Limited, listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Designation: MINING OPTIMIZATION / UBS SPECIALIST
Date of vacancy: Immediate. Local or expatriate contract
Department: EMEA – West Africa (Based in Bogoso, Ghana)
Geographic Area: Ghana, West Africa
Required outputs: Functional
- Conduct AEL value adding projects to customers
- Develop blast designs, blast enhancement to new innovations and product conversions with emphasis on UBS, CBS and Digishot as applied to underground environments.
- Monitor product performance and accuracy of timing.
- Interpret blast design data for safe and efficient blasting.
- Communicate blast design data to supervisor, customer or subcontractor
- Identify potential hazards and risks associated with a poor blast design
- Project involvement with all on-going projects with the department
- Excellent Technical Report writing, documenting findings and preparation of presentation
- Coordinate business development
- Technical coaching and training
- Continuous professional development
- People management and development
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma in a technical field (mining, geological, civil, surveying, etc. ) plus 10 years’ experience
- University degree in a technical field (mining, geological, civil, surveying, etc. ) plus 5 years’ experience
- Explosives Engineers Certificate
- Knowledge of both surface and underground mining under different conditions
- At least 5 years’ each underground and surface mining experience
- The incumbent will draw on extensive and broad industry experience (Surface and Underground) to apply diversified solutions and techniques to complex situations and as needed.
- Rely on first principles, fundamental engineering theory and broad industry knowledge to ensure practical solutions
- Seasoned knowledge of mine methods, mine design, production scheduling and equipment selection
- Experience in both bulk and selective mining methods
- Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
- Interpersonal skills including high degree of cultural sensitivity
- Group presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Quality orientation
- Work independently and on own initiative
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Please forward application form to :
- Closing date : 22nd October, 2019
- Application to be copied to your Manager
AEL is committed to enabling individuals, previously disadvantaged by discriminatory practices to gain full and equal access to opportunities appropriate to their competency and potential.