Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Government and Public Sector (GPS) is implementing the USAID West Africa Energy Program (WAEP), a 4-year project under Power Africa. The objective of WAEP is to expand supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building, and transactional support to advance Power Africa’s objective in the West Africa region. WAEP will implement targeted interventions to achieve the following four Outcomes:
- Increase the supply of power in West Africa;
- Enable expanded end-user connection to the grid;
- Improve the technical and institutional capacity and performance of select national utilities, and other relevant national power sector entities; and
- Accelerate the establishment of a high functioning regional power market.
To support WAEP, Deloitte is recruiting several experienced Senior Energy Specialists (full-time and part-time) to be based in West Africa to work with the WAEP team to achieve the above Outcomes. Senior Energy Specialists will be responsible for supporting WAEP’s technical activities and driving program results.
Role and Responsibilities
Senior Energy Specialists are expected to engage in a diverse set of interventions aligned with WAEP activities in West Africa (scope of work for specific positions):
- Lead or support activities in one or more of the following areas: power project development (generation/transmission/distribution), power sector transactions advisory; Power Purchase Agreements, power system planning, design and implementation of electrification strategy, energy utility reform, tariff/pricing reform, regional power market development, regulatory and policy development.
- Leverage technical expertise and international energy development experience to inform strategic decision-making and bring leading practices to the WAEP team.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, finance, or other relevant field, particularly in energy sector; Masters or above preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years in the energy sector preferred
- Significant experience in a least one, preferably several, of the areas identified above
- Experience working in similar context in West Africa region
- Previous experience with USAID and Power Africa preferred, and/or with donor agency programs
- Demonstrated experience operating and managing teams in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in English, French strongly preferred.
The primary place of performance for this activity will be in the WAEP regional office in Accra, Ghana or in a WAEP satellite field office in West Africa (to be determined) with travel to West Africa as needed.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: