Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Proforest is a non-profit organisation with a global presence. Our head office is in the UK with regional offices in Malaysia, Ghana and Brazil. Proforest has established itself as a leader in the development and implementation of sustainable production and sourcing of natural resources, including timber and a range of agricultural commodities (eg palm oil, soy, sugar etc), helping companies, governments, non-governmental and civil society organisations to achieve sustainable use of the world’s natural resources.
Proforest provides practical support to producers, processors, purchasers and investors to help them meet their sustainability commitments. We work at every stage of the supply chain, from production and processing, through to purchasing and investment. Our experience covers the management of forests, oil palm, soy, sugarcane, rubber, beef and cotton at a range of scales that includes smallholders, communities and forest-dependent people through to multinational businesses.
Proforest is made up of a non-profit (charitable) arm which focuses on long-term support for small producers and wider capacity building, particularly in developing countries and a consultancy arm which provides direct support and services to the private sector companies.
The Proforest Africa Regional office seeks a partly qualified accountant with experience in industry or practice to provide financial support to project implementation, ensuring that policies, procedures and minimum standards of accounting are complied with.
This position is an exciting opportunity to support, maintain and improve the office’s financial and administrative systems . The role will specifically focus on Proforest Limited (consultancy arm) and provide support to the Proforest Initiative Africa (non-profit arm) when the need arises. Based at the Africa Regional office in Accra, the post will involve interacting with all staff and working directly with finance team members to ensure a high level of operational delivery of financial activities.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are recorded accurately, properly and timely in accordance with Proforest policies, procedures and guidelines
- Maintaining general ledgers
- Management of accounts payable and accounts receivable
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Process payments in line with approved budgets, ensuring compliance with Proforest procedures and using correct account codes and authorizations
- Maintain the bankbooks for all bank accounts and the office petty cash
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed on a timely basis, reviewed and signed off
- Ensure travel advances given are accounted for in accordance with Proforest policy through the SAP concur system.
- Ensure invoices are issued to customers in line with invoicing guides and these are submitted to the clients in good time
- Liaise with Finance and Operations Manager to ensure all statutory payments are made on time
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register
- Ensure that all accounting documents are regularly and properly filed
- Support with external audits
- Arrange and book for transport and accommodation for official travel when required and in accordance with Proforest procedures.
- Facilitate visa applications and travel arrangements for visitors and staff
- Ensure that Admin records are properly filed both electronically and in physical files
- Coordinate and manage quarterly staff meetings as well as the minutes
- Perform any other duties that may be deemed appropriate for this role as assigned by the Finance and Operations Manager
- Support with any new projects being implemented by the Proforest Group.
Annual salary of GHS 65,000 to GHS 75,000 depending on qualification and experience
Required Skills or Experience
- First degree in Accounting and a part qualified accountant (ICA, ACCA or CIMA) with experience in industry or practice.
- At least two years’ practical experience in finance and administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and IT skills
- High level of professionalism, initiative, creativity and flexibility
- Ability to manage competing tasks, prioritize and produce high level output consistently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong sense of honesty and integrity and personal commitment to the goals of Proforest
- Must be responsible, proactive, organized and accurate
- Experience in Sage (50) accounting
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Send your CV and a cover letter to
with the subject of the mail being Proforest Africa FAO
- Application Deadline: 19th October 2019
- Proforest is an equal opportunity employer.