Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To support the operation services maintenance planning section in planning work orders and packaging the Maintenance Schedule
Document Control Management
- Support document control management processes through the methodical upkeep of records and information.
- Institute version controls of documentation for Maintenance Supervisors.
- Provide required documents to Maintenance Supervisors timeously and efficiently
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Health and Safety Management
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols
Maintenance Activity Data Capture
- Capture and record all data related to maintenance planning and execution in the department.
- Provide data capture and information management support to other maintenance departments, on an as-needed basis.
- Capture daily entries of manhours into the designated maintenance management system.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Higher National Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical
- Strong knowledge of the operation of the CMMS (SAP).
- emonstrated knowledge of work safety requirements
- Minimum of 2–3 years’ related work experience in Facility maintenance environment (preferably in building maintenance, HVAC System and Water Treatment Plant).
- Strong data capture, as well as information monitoring and management skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and MS Project and Visio.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: