Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To conduct the safe troubleshooting, replacement, repair, testing and general maintenance of mechanical equipment and systems, according to mechanical codes and specifications, to increase cost efficiency and lifespan of assets
Health, Safety and Environment
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols
- Execute on mechanical maintenance tasks for completion, arising out of schedules received from the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Identify, resolve and correct detected mechanical faults and defects in equipment.
- Troubleshoot technical and / or operational problems.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Maintain records of maintenance and repair work.
- Compile reports on field observations and factor results into weekly / fortnightly planning.
- Produce daily reports indicating the jobs completed for the day and submit the report to the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical equipment for emergency repairs, conduct visual inspections with guidance.
Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own daily work and prioritisation schedule.
- Coordinate with support services and assign short-term tasks to other Technicians, as necessary.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Diploma or relevant certification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in a mining process plant or similar environment.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Detail focused.
- Position is located in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: