Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Security Systems Technician.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To provide technical support to the Systems Administrator and ensure system availability (maintenance of existing systems /installation of new systems) and peak performance of security systems. This role will play critical part in ensuring that the security management plan is successfully implemented for the redevelopment of the Obuasi mine.
- Ensure all equipment / material required to perform duties are in good working order
- Liaise with Systems Administrator on request and feedback on specific new installations, equipment and materials
- Ensure availability for afterhours call out on equipment/ system failure or breakdown
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained on all password information change.
- Document/Log into daily maintenance book every activity carried out and submit for signing by the Systems Administrator
- Conduct maintenance on CCTV equipment, intruder protection systems, realignment of beams; repairs to brackets, access control, mechanical and electrical operations of automated gates and lowering of high masts.
- Conduct basic maintenance on mechanical and electrical operations of turnstiles and access systems;
- Required to safely use power tools as per specified applications: angle grinder, drill machine, portable welder, etc.;
- Perform testing of Fibre networks, power reticulation and CCTV reticulation;
- Conduct test and fix defective cameras, DSS units, network connectivity, power issues, metal detector/ triggers/ audio at all system locations (STP, KMS, GCS etc.). Assist the Senior Technician remit during his absence (intruder alarm and access control).
- Collate and document records of alarm and other systems configurations for audit purpose.
- Visit the control room to ascertain of any challenges every morning.
- Attend departmental Safety meetings in time report technical issues and new installations every Monday and Friday
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Report and log all required technical works digitally into the Global Security Management System (GSIMS) -Technical Request
- Attend scheduled Security meetings when required
- Promote AGAG organizational values e.g. responsible behaviour, respect, honesty and integrity
- Maintain a high level of mental and physical fitness required to perform the job i.e. legal aspect, procedures and technological advancements and fitness
- Liaise on a daily basis with Systems Administrator on issues of importance.
- Identify and report all Safety and Health hazards.
- Adhere to all Safety and Health regulations within the work place.
- Promote Safety and Health in the workplace with a view of Zero Tolerance.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma, Senior High School or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ Security Systems experience or other Technical exposure.
- Experience and skilled knowledge in investigations will be an advantage
- Completed Electrical Competency requirements;
- Basic knowledge of Electronics
- Must have knowledge of the laws of Ghana and legal codes
- Solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: