Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana : Officer, Economic Development - Northern Development AuthorityAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2019
Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Northern Development Authority (NDA) was established under the Northern Development Authority Act 2017 (Act 963) to provide a framework for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern Zone. The NDA also serves as an agency for the implementation of the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication programme (IPEP).
The objects of NDA are to accelerate economic and social development in the NDA zone through strategic direction in the planning & prioritization of development projects; mobilize public resources including financial resources and private public investments for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern zone; coordinate development activities in the Northern Zone with the aim of ensuring that i. public resources are effectively utilized, and ii. private sector investments achieve maximum development impacts to reduce poverty and deprivation iii. formulate and implement initiatives towards achieving gender equality and empowerment of vulnerable groups in the Northern Zone;
To fulfill its mandate, the Northern Development Authority (NDA) seeks to hire qualified Ghanaians who are highly motivated, dynamic, results-oriented with good leadership qualities and strong work ethics to fill the following positions at the regional levels.
Job Title: OFFICER, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL OFFICER
To provide operational support for tho effective and efficient performance of the functions of the Economic Develo ment Unit in the re ion.
- Supports the assessment of agricultural potential of the region;
- Collects data for the preparation of agricultural development strategies;
- Participates in the identification/conducting of economic or financial analysis of projects;
- Collects data for the development of profiles of potential private sector opportunities in the region;
- Supports in the development/maintenance of a database of private sector business ventures in the region;
- Supports the implementation Of nationaVregional programmes in agricultural and private sector development
- Participates in the identification of infrastructural needs of the region;
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Collates data and support the creation/maintonance of an electronic database on economic and private sector development activities in the region;
- Collect and provide data for the preparation of progress reports
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a master's degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Agriculture; Natural Resource; Management; Business Administration or any other related field;
- A minimum of one (1) year of post-bachelors relevant work experience in a reputable institution.
- Knowledge in agricultural value chain development;
- Private Sector Engagement and Resource mobilisation skills:
- Commercial-oriented agriculture programming skills;
- Relevant knowledge in ICT applications skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Communication, Presentation and report writing skills.
- Capacity to inspire, motivate, initiate and team player;
- Good project management skills;
- High integrity wifrl strong ethics.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address below not later than one week after publication of this notice.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of key job responsibilities;
- Application letter (stating the position applied for) to the address below;
- Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related);
- Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
The Head, Human Resource,
Northern Development Authority,
P.O. Box TL 883,
Lamashegu Industrial Area,
Tamale Northern Region.
Interested applicants can submit applications at our front-desks (Headoffice in Tamale, industrial area OR at our liaison office in Accra, Cantonments near the American Embassy).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. NDA is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the economic, social development and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect these.
Visit www.ndagh.org for more information about the Northen Development Authority