Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana : Senior Officer, Evaluation & Resource Mobilisation - Northern Development AuthorityAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2019
Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Northern Development Authority (NDA) was established under the Northern Development Authority Act 2017 (Act 963) to provide a framework for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern Zone. The NDA also serves as an agency for the implementation of the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication programme (IPEP).
The objects of NDA are to accelerate economic and social development in the NDA zone through strategic direction in the planning & prioritization of development projects; mobilize public resources including financial resources and private public investments for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern zone; coordinate development activities in the Northern Zone with the aim of ensuring that i. public resources are effectively utilized, and ii. private sector investments achieve maximum development impacts to reduce poverty and deprivation iii. formulate and implement initiatives towards achieving gender equality and empowerment of vulnerable groups in the Northern Zone;
To fulfill its mandate, the Northern Development Authority (NDA) seeks to hire qualified Ghanaians who are highly motivated, dynamic, results-oriented with good leadership qualities and strong work ethics to fill the following positions at the regional levels.
Title: SENIOR OFFICER, PLANNING, MONITORING / EVALUATION AND RESOURCE MOBILIZATION
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL OFFICER
To provide tactical and operational support for effective and efficient performance of the functions of the Planning, Monitoring. Evaluation and Resource Mobilization Unit in the Region.
- Participates in the preparation of regional development plans;
- Collects planning data/information from district assembles;
- Monitors programmes and projects in the region funded by the central government or NDA;
- Identifies potential sources of funds at the regional level to finance development;
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Creates/maintains a platform for sharing development ideas in the region;
- Maintains a roster of development partners at the grassroots in the region;
- Prepares monitoring and evaluation reports;
- Creates/maintains an electronic planning data base.
Qualification required & Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Tourism and Hospitality Management, Home Economics, Business Administration, Social Work, Community Development, Development Studies, Development Planning & Management or any other related field;
- A minimum of four (4) years post-bachelor’s relevant work experience, one (1) year of which must be in a reputable institution;
- Membership of a relevant Professional body is an advantage.
- Strong quantitative, qualitative and analytical skills;
- Good strategic planning and Research skills;
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Conflict management skills and Result oriented;
- Good resource mobilization skills;
- Budgeting and budget management;
- Negotiating, Diplomacy and Lobbying skills;
- Capacity to inspire, motivate, initiate and a team player;
- Good project management and Community entry and facilitation skills;
- Relevant knowledge in ICT applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Good report writing and policy formulation skills;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address below not later than one week after publication of this notice.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of key job responsibilities;
- Application letter (stating the position applied for) to the address below;
- Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related);
- Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
The Head, Human Resource,
Northern Development Authority,
P.O. Box TL 883,
Lamashegu Industrial Area,
Tamale Northern Region.
Interested applicants can submit applications at our front-desks (Headoffice in Tamale, industrial area OR at our liaison office in Accra, Cantonments near the American Embassy).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. NDA is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the economic, social development and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect these.
Visit www.ndagh.org for more information about the Northen Development Authority