Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana : Senior Officer, Social Development - Northern Development AuthorityAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2019
Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Northern Development Authority (NDA) was established under the Northern Development Authority Act 2017 (Act 963) to provide a framework for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern Zone. The NDA also serves as an agency for the implementation of the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication programme (IPEP).
The objects of NDA are to accelerate economic and social development in the NDA zone through strategic direction in the planning & prioritization of development projects; mobilize public resources including financial resources and private public investments for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern zone; coordinate development activities in the Northern Zone with the aim of ensuring that i. public resources are effectively utilized, and ii. private sector investments achieve maximum development impacts to reduce poverty and deprivation iii. formulate and implement initiatives towards achieving gender equality and empowerment of vulnerable groups in the Northern Zone;
To fulfill its mandate, the Northern Development Authority (NDA) seeks to hire qualified Ghanaians who are highly motivated, dynamic, results-oriented with good leadership qualities and strong work ethics to fill the following positions at the regional levels.
Title: SENIOR OFFICER, SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL OFFICER
To provide tactical and operational support for effective and efficient performance of the functions of the Social Development Unit in the Region.
- Participates in the developments of social capital/protection and gender strategy for the region;
- Facilitates the processes for the development of social capital in the region;
- Identifies/conducts social impact analysis of programmes and projects;
- Develops/implement mechanisms for engagement of NGOs/communities for the design/implementation of social protection and gender programmes;
- Develops/maintains a data base of social protection, social capital and gender initiatives and outcomes in the region;
- Facilitates the implementations of national/regional programmes;
- Prepare progress reports.
Qualification required & Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Sociology, Social Psychology, Social Development or any other related field;
- A minimum of four (4) years post-bachelor’s relevant work experience, one (1) year of which must be in a reputable institution;
- Membership of a relevant professional body is an advantage.
- Knowledge of social protection policies and Laws;
- Skills in targeting development approach;
- Social policy action research development and analytical Skills;
- Multi-stakeholder coordination and Disability planning and Social accountability;
- Knowledge of relevant ICT applications(Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Proposal writing, Negotiating, Diplomacy and Lobbying;
- Communication, Presentation, and negotiation skills;
- High integrity with strong ethics.
- Good team player and initiator; Capacity to inspire and motivate
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address below not later than one week after publication of this notice.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of key job responsibilities;
- Application letter (stating the position applied for) to the address below;
- Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related);
- Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
The Head, Human Resource,
Northern Development Authority,
P.O. Box TL 883,
Lamashegu Industrial Area,
Tamale Northern Region.
Interested applicants can submit applications at our front-desks (Headoffice in Tamale, industrial area OR at our liaison office in Accra, Cantonments near the American Embassy).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. NDA is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the economic, social development and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect these.
Visit www.ndagh.org for more information about the Northen Development Authority