Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Division: Corporate Services
Department: Commercial Legal
Position: Senior Specialist, Commercial Legal
Level: MTN Level 3
Reports to: Senior Manager, Commercial Legal
Provide assistance to:
- Minimize and mitigate legal risk,
- Advise, negotiate and manage commercial legal transactions within MTN and outside MTN
- Ensure corporate governance, compliance,
- Provide guidance and advice to operations in commercial legal activities/transactions requiring MTN input – drafting, structuring,
- Review practices, procedures, policies and business to ensure that these in accordance with the laws of Ghana.
- Manage legal/commercial risk in transactions.
- Negotiate, draft and implement legal agreements and provide legal support to company projects
- Incorporate related company policies into contracts and provide legal advice on company matters
- Monitor, manage and provide input into litigation strategy and approach of external solicitors on all on-going litigation and dispute resolution matters
- Monitor the legal and regulatory landscape and reports on laws, regulations, guidelines that can affect the business of the company and provide guidance in legislative aspects
- Manage legal risks in accordance with company policy.
- Provide legal opinions on various legal issues and legal advice on transactions
- Research applicable laws and provide recommendations on the legal consequences of business initiatives and decisions and highlight attendant risks.
- Provide legal support to company projects
- Support the implementation of internal company policies.
- Support efforts towards influencing governmental & regulatory policies affecting the company¡¦s businesses.
- Facilitate timely responses to stakeholders.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
- Highly legal and regulated environment
- Performance Driven Environment
- Diverse cultural environment
- Unionized environment
- Active Media Engagement & Brand Reputation
- Regionalization structure implication
Qualification Required & Experience
A Degree in Law with qualifying certificate in law (i.e. Bar exams)
- 5+ years post qualification Commercial/Corporate Law experience in a large local law firm or the legal department of a large company. Experience must include exposure and direct participation in:
- Negotiations and drafting of reasonably complex commercial transactions
- Telco/Finance Experience an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial laws, telecoms laws, labour laws, land laws etc
- Analytical Thinking
- Conflict Management
- Contract Management
- Information Management
- Legal Advice
- Litigation Management
- Research Orientation
- Computer Literacy
- Time Management.
Skills/ Physical competencies:
- Ability to manage conflict, accountability, self and team performance.
- Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
- Leadership skills, customer centric, collaborative and ability to coach & develop direct ports
- Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
- Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
- Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills,
- Negotiation skills
- Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
- Ability to handle issues with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to manage own time and workload and juggle conflicting priorities
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the Position (exact role you are applying for) in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 05 October, 2019