Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
As ignitia's HR & Operations Coordinator, you will work closely with the COO to ensure all HR and organizational systems and processes run smoothly and efficiently.
You are passionate about people, high quality execution and have an eye for detail. You can juggle many projects and activities at the same time without missing deadlines or dropping standards. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy when a meticulous plan comes together.
From managing recruitment and HR processes to operational projects on behalf of the COO to bookkeeping, the role requires agility and flexibility.
You will be working with a team across Ghana, Europe and Nigeria - operations experts, sales gurus scientists, marketers and technical experts. All working to establish ignitia as the lead provider of weather data across this market.
HR & Operations Coordinator - Key Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and manage recruitment for ignitia
- Support the design and implementation of HR processes, including onboarding, performance management and payroll
- Plan, manage and deliver internal projects successfully.
- Work across internal teams to support the implementation of processes like performance management, international payments etc.
- Work closely with the NGO Sales and Grants teams to support reporting on spend and impact
- Support the global exec team on preparing materials and reports and facilitating follow-ups.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Support the COO by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Support the finance and bookkeeping functions of the organization through invoice management, payment verifications, and other small bookkeeping tasks
You’re not just great at planning and managing people processes. You are proficient at coordinating multiple projects at the same time. You know how to work with global teams and matrixed organizations. You have an eye for detail and have the flexibility to step in where help is needed. You deliver on time and to a high standard, always. You don’t need handholding and constantly look for ways to make HR and operations work better
You are entrepreneurial and persistent. You are ambitious and love being part of a high performing team. You think your work should make a difference and still be fun.
- You have an undergraduate degree (minimum) from a recognized university
- You have at least 2 years of experience in HR, operations/ project management
- You have experience updating recruitment and people processes
- You understand bookkeeping and are comfortable with the key tasks involved
- You are skilled at delivering in matrixed, international teams
- You are a powerful communicator – both written and oral - and can leverage relationships of trust to deliver results
- Excellent computer skills and tech savvy
Small-holder farmers, who produce most of the world’s food, are often amongst the world’s poorest people. We are working to change that.
ignitia has developed the world’s first and most accurate tropical weather forecast model to benefit both small-scale farmers and agricultural organizations by providing hyperlocal weather data that directly impacts yield and productivity. We are a high-tech social enterprise that leverages advanced technologies to provide a unique and valuable means for farmers and organizations in emerging markets to stabilize operations, mitigate risks, and maximize profits.
When you’re part of the team at ignitia, you’ll be tackling the impact of climate change and food shortage by transforming how farmers in the tropics leverage the weather to improve yields. You’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
ignitia is a low-ego, high-energy environment. We don’t have many layers and we are not into red tape or office politics. We have some of the best minds in meteorology, math and technology working alongside a powerful commercial sales team to change how weather impacts the lives of farmers.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: