Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Title: Advisor , Internally Generated Funds - GIZ Ghana
Project: SfDR / Gov1D
Reports to: Component Manager- IGF
Assgnment Period: 01.11.19 - 30.09.20 with option tp extend for 2 years
The GIZ Governance programme between the Government of Ghana and the Federal Republic of Germany is being implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH together with the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Local Governance and Rural Development. Additional funds are being provided by Global Affairs Canada.
In cooperation with the Regional Coordinating Councils, GIZ Governance supports the implementation of the Ghanaian decentralisation reforms. In order to improve service deliver/ and accountability at the district level, GIZ Governance supports districts in Ghana to improve the mobilisation and the management of their Internally Generated funds (IGF).
For this purpose, GIZ developed a revenue management software, which is currently introduced in 87 partner districts and will be made available for all districts in Ghana.
- Support the introduction of a new IT solution (dLRev revenue management software) in MMDAs and provide Orientation and facilitation Of training for MMDA staff
- Advise on strategic and innovative approaches to improve Street Naming and Property Addressing (SNPA) activities in partner MMDAs and harmonize data
with other systems for planning and development
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure quality management and provide technical advice on spatial data generated by MMDAs with GIS tools and software (Map Maker, QGtS)
- Ensure quality management of business and property data collection in partner
- Facititate of harmonizinq Fee Fixing Resolutions, consult with national and local stakeholders (e.g. EDU, MLGRD, GIFMIS Secretariat etc.)
- Advise on mode of payment in revenue collection in MMDAs, e.g. explore automated means of payment (mobile banking etc.) in order to reduce cash enforcement mechanisms in revenue delinquencias;
- Initiate and support organisational and administrative engineering at accountability structures, supervision and monitormg mechanisms MMDAs;
- Design and facilitate implementation or rate payer sensitization and education campaigns at district level; you support and facilitate consultations on IGF with local communities
- Degree and technical expertise in one of the following areas: Development planning, Public administration, Public Sector Management, Local Government
Administration or comparable qualification
- In-depth knowledge of Ghana's decentralisation system, public finances and fiscal decentralization
- Practical experience in GIS tools and software (e.g. Map Maker, QGIS)
- Working experience with public administration, particularly at MMDA level
- Very good English skills, written and orally
- Intercultural and communicational skills
Competitive GIZ salary grid (Band 4T Ghana), SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and a one - page cover letter:
under the job code 2019/GOV/09/02
Please note If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: 08.10.2019