Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
An International NGO is seeking for a qualified Implementation Science Research Advisor who will lead the development of the implementation science (IS) research portfolio for a USAID-funded project: Strengthening HIV/AIDS Continuum of Care Services in Ghana, which aims to provide targeted, relevant technical assistance and institutional support to the Government of Ghana and its partners to sustain the low national prevalence of HIV with increased epidemic control among key populations (KP) through the provision of comprehensive, high quality and sustainable HIV/AIDS services for key populations across the continuum of care engaging clinical and community settings with specific reference to Western Region.
The IS Research Advisor will lead the development of the IS research agenda and portfolio, and work with the project’s leadership team, USAID/Ghana, and country stakeholders to ensure research utilization. S/he will ensure the quality, methodological rigor, ethical standards, and program and policy relevance of all research activities, and provide oversight to research capacity strengthening efforts. S/he will report to the M&E Director and work closely with the Senior HIV Technical Advisor meeting regularly with technical staff to ensure that the project’s technical, cost share, and cost timelines continue to progress as projected. S/he will serve as an investigator on all IS studies under this project.
- Work closely with the M&E Director and Senior HIV Technical Advisor, lead the identification of key research questions and opportunities, the development of a research agenda, the development of research protocols, and the implementation of formative and operations, and implementation science research in HIV prevention, care, and treatment to build the evidence base for changes in programs and policies for key populations.
- Oversee documentation and dissemination efforts to communicate scientific information in formats understandable and usable to different audiences such as Policy Makers, Program Managers, Donors, Ministry Representatives, and NGO staff (e.g., research briefs, technical reports and manuscripts).
- Provide oversight to research capacity-building efforts.
- Oversee the data analysis and interpretation activities and ensure data quality
- Identify research findings, lessons learned, and best practices for replication and scale up to disseminate to key stakeholders.
- Ensure that the project’s technical, cost share, and cost timelines continue to progress as projected.
- Act as Principal Investigator/Co-Investigator on high quality research studies
- Travel as needed to project sites for technical assistance, training, and supervision
- And other duties as assigned.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Doctoral degree in social sciences, public health, education, or related field, or comparable combination of education and experience with demonstrated expertise in social science research
- A minimum of ten years of experience working in research or implementation science with solid experience in rigorous monitoring and evaluation with specific reference to HIV prevention, care and support
- At least seven years’ experience in managing research or program staff in different settings and developing country contexts
- Solid understanding of research and data collection activities, including implementation science, longitudinal studies, qualitative interview and focus group design, quantitative survey design, quantitative data analysis, randomized controlled trials, monitoring, and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and promote the use of research for social development and the scale up of successful interventions
- Excellent training skills and proven ability to provide technical support to a multi-cultural group of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of internal and external partners
- Strong management and organizational skills; ability to handle a heavy workload with competing priorities
- Proficiency in both Microsoft Office and statistical analyses programs required
- Ability to work independently and manage varied and numerous tasks
- Strong writing, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to travel within the regions/districts
- Works efficiently and competently with limited or minimum supervision
- Dedicated to the assigned tasks, executes obligations with dexterity
- Inspires teamwork to achieve results
- Reports prepared on time
- Timely follow-up and feedback
CONTINUE READING BELOW
If you know of a qualified candidate or you are interested in applying for this position, please send resume and cover letter to
with ref. PC-ISRA-19-HIV
Closing Date: One week from date of publication.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.