Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
WaterAid Ghana is looking for a WASH coordinator to coordinate quality implementation of this WASH-NTD project, developing and managing good relationships with partner organisations, national and local governments etc.
S/He will also be responsible for documentation of project activities, communicating lessons learnt from the field for use in advocacy and reporting etc.
The WASH Coordinator - ASCEND will be responsible for strategic in-country operations for WaterAid's UK Department for International Development (DFID) funded project on Accelerating Sustainable Control and Elimination of NTDs (ASCEND) in Ghana.
The project will contribute towards achieving progress towards global targets on controlling and eliminating neglected tropical diseases (NTDs). S/he will be responsible for WASH sector coordination, programme management, delivery and quality of services.
In addition, She will coordinate WASH activities and advocacy in Ghana to support the reduction Of NTD disease burden and promote to safe water, decent sanitation and hygiene education.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
Programme Management & Coordination
- Enhance coordination between WASH and NTD partners, including supporting the formation or re-establishment of coordination mechanisms for WASH and NTDs at national level and cascading where appropriate
- Support partners in joint WASH and NTD planrung processes and implementing and Sharing effective, efficient and inclusive project plans
- Coordinate WASH sector inputs to feed into NTD master plans and other relevant plans
- Conduct regular programme and project reviews and provide feed-back for improved performance
- Document key learnings from the project and recommend possible actions
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Support partners in developing IEC materials for awareness creation on NTDs
- Cultivate and strengthen functional relationships with relevant stakeholders, including government and civil society. for programme enhancement
- Grant Manage the grant and project in compliance with donor contract, rules and guidelines
- Work with the financial team of WaterAid to prepare project related budgets
- Monitor project if implementation goes according to budget
To be successful, you'll need:
- University degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, International Development or related field.
- Experience of programme management
- In depth understanding of Advocacy WASH issues, opportunities and challenges.
- Understanding of various WASH guidelines and standards
- Knowledge of WASH related Forums and networks at national, regional and international level
- Knowledge of key national WASH policies and stakeholders
- A minimum of 5 years experience of programme design and implementation with at least 4 years in senior management position with any reputed national/international organisation
- Experience of developing training programmes and facilitating training activities
- Experience of coaching and mentoring
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English andFrench
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your CV (in English) and motivation letter of 350 words or less to:
Closing date: 15th October, 2019
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sexy race,
disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.