Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
You will oversee all activities that ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and documentation of the Finance Department’s accounting operations and financial reporting (monthly, quarterly, yearly, and as needed) in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will help set the standard for the Country Program’s (CP’s) financial stewardship through professional maintenance, utilization, and analysis of all cash resources controlled by the CP.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Country Representative, HoOPs, HOP, Program Managers and Chief of Party, Snr. Procurement Officer, HR Manager, and other Support Managers, HQ Finance, RFO WARO
- External: Banking Institutions, Government Entities, Donors, Subrecipients, Suppliers and External Auditors.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Oversee accounting processes, policies, and service delivery and maintain accounting controls to ensure accurate, complete, and timely recording and management of financial transactions and internal controls in compliance with CRS’ financial management policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements.
- Ensure SunSystems financial accounting package is updated with relevant information for capturing accurate financial data (such as daily exchange/conversion rates, cost allocation tools, posting of transactions, etc.).
- Review and analyze financial reports, including cost allocation of shared costs, to verify financial transactions. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure all transactions are accurately stated and appropriately classified. Work with relevant staff to address irregularities and resolve accounting issues and ensure correction of accounting entries and payroll.
- Serve as the key point person on all issues related to financial transaction records. Provide proactive advice, support, and capacity building to managers, staff, and subrecipients to ensure compliance with standards and proper records of financial transactions, as well as to support strengthening of internal control.
- Ensure financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated timely as per established reporting schedules and assist staff and subrecipients with financial reports analysis.
- Oversee maintenance of a good filing system of required supporting documentation to ensure easy access and retrieval, and a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
- Ensure efficient management of cash flows and availability of sufficient and optimal cash in the CP’s operating account through monitoring cash balances (both cash-in-bank and cash-on-hand), preparing bank reconciliations, analyzing and forecasting cash needs.
Will supervise the work of Finance Officer in charge of Payables and Snr. Finance Officer in charge of Receivables
Travel Required: Requires occasional travel up to 10% of the time – Field visits to project sites and to partners.
Required Skills or Experience
- An MBA or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of five years experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an International NGO.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Accuracy and completeness with a strong eye for detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of local law in the area of taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Submit your CV and letter of interest to
The e-mail subject line for all applications and CVs should make reference for the position applied i.e.: DFM.
Deadline: October 11, 2019