Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Assistant Cost Controller ensures accurate, timely and value-added analysis and reporting on a project.
Assistant Cost Controller is to assist Cost Controller and Fleet (Senior Cost) Controller to manage various cost control functions and ensure accurate and timely reporting of the responsible vessel’s cost status to Operation Manager. To track, monitor, analyze and forecast every aspect of vessel’s cost, compare Actual vs budget, VOWD (“Value of Work Done”) vs budget, forecast vs budget, and report the outcome to department/project manager for taking appropriate decisions to prevent budget overrun.
Responsible for improving cost control capability of MPSG, i.e. all departments and units of MPSG, both organizational and individual capabilities.
Serve as backup to Cost Controller as and when needed.
- Interface with Planning, Contracts, Supply Chain, Technical HR and Accounting & Finance departments in MPSG and other inter/intra companies for commercial and technical input.
- Ensure the accurate cost / revenue capturing with correct WBS codes in the company’s cost control systems. Daily work entails the verification of purchase requisitions (amounts and WBS codes against budget and the WBS code structure) in MAXIMO before approval, checking vendor invoices against Purchase Orders and contracts, performing monthly WBS coding adjustment in accounts, determining & requesting to post accrual and setup of PO and Sales Contract in SAP for inter-company billing procedure.
- Maintain and updating the monthly cost reports with budgets, committed costs, actual, VOWD and forecasts by gathering the information from various departments for accurate VOWD and forecasts.
- Monitoring cost, preparing and validating Change Orders & O&MVR (“O&M Budget Variation”), validating the invoices to clients & internal inter/intra companies according to the contractual terms and following up the ensuing payments on the basis of a good level of understanding on the contracts (O&M Contract with clients and Work Orders with intra/inter-companies).
- Performing various types of revenue & cost analysis.
- Estimating the budget cost breakdown per a line item activity in each WBS code by gathering the input from Planning, Contracts, Supply Chain, Technical, HR and Accounting & Finance departments and ensuring budget philosophy (owner of budget and cost category such as Routine, Non-Routine and Exceptional cost items) and budget schedule among the departments. Preparing the budget summary template for reporting to Operations Manager, management and clients by analyzing and explaining the detailed reason of cost variation between previous year and next year budget.
- Producing ad hoc reporting and presentation materials (commonly requested by clients or management). Coordinate any other activities / initiatives / leaderships, upon request, related to the responsible vessel’s business control for operation management.
- Support the MPSG KPI process in providing VOWD & O&MSE & O&MVR information on a monthly basis in conjunction with the Finance Manager and Contract Manager.
- University degree or equivalent in any area of social science such as management, finance, psychology, communication and technical area such as engineering, etc. is in principle a minimum requirement. A technical diploma and engineering degree is preferred.
- 2-3 years relevant experience of establishing and performing cost control on various types and size of projects.
- Experience in the offshore industry such as FPSO operator, Oil and Gas sector, drilling companies etc. is an advantage.
- Minimum accounting and financial knowledge.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: