Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP) is a not-for-profit company which helps to transform Cities to benefit the millions who lack access to water and
sanitation. WSUP works side-by-Side With local providers, strengthening the organisations that have been tasked to deliver city-wide services. We are a trusted partner to utilities, municipalities and the private sector, supporting them to develop services, build infrastructure and attract funding that will help them reach low-income urban communities (LIUCs).
Under this project, WSUP seeks to promote the role of Women in WASH in Ghana by strengthening gender and social inclusion in WASH sector leadership and decision-making.
To support gender inclusion in WASH sector leadership and decision-making by:
- Strengthening the WiWASH network through a programme of organisational development and ensure that WiWASH members have the capacity and resources to mentor women in WASH, disseminate leaming. influence and advocate from their own positions in the sector,
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Working with key national and community-based individuals, groups and organisations to identify how utilities can improve gender inclusion and contribute to the knowledge base of effective promotion of gender inclusion across the whole WASH system in Ghana
- Working with two national partners, to develop gender sensitive policies and procedures, and support staff members to implement and embed the recommended approaches in their organisations
- Engaging with wider key stakeholders to share best practice
In doing this we aim to facilitate:
a. A growing number of Women in key decision-making roles in the WASH
b. More inclusive policies and procedures being developed and implemented across WASH institutions
ProfiIe of Gender Specialist Required
- A Master's degree or higher, in Gender Studies or a related discipline;
- 8-10 years' field work experience implementing, managing, and/or providing assistance to transformative and gender sensitive programmes in developing countries;
- Strong experience running training and workshops
- Experience with the development or adaptation of capacity strengthening
- Knowledge of gender equality principles and practices
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Bids including the following components should be submitted to the Country Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 17hOO on 20th
- Provide a budget on Excel with details of daily fee rate in Ghana Cedis as well as other relevant costs anticipated to be incurred while undertaking this assignment. Price reasonableness and value-for-money will be a significant factor in bid evaluation.
- CV of the consultant.
- Brief description of recent work which the Consultant considers relevant to the present scope.
- Example of training or workshop materials used by the consultant for gender work up to four pages on outlining the Consultant's proposal for approaching
this work, highlighting key assumptions and key aspects Of methodology.
- A GANTT chart outlining the Consultants proposed methodology and timelines.
Please follow this link to download the full TOR: https:/bit.ly/2ked7lx