Jobs In Accra 2020
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The GIZ 'Programme to Build and Strengthen the Police Structures in Selected partner Countries in Africa - Country Component Ghana' supports the Ghanaian
police in strengthening their training capacities. This is to be achieved through curriculum development but also through the organization Of advanced trainings for management personnel at the Ghana Police Service (GPS). The programme component further aims to strengthen the internal complaints mechanism at the police as well as the police's public relations, which includes the conduction of advanced training, the provision Of expert's advice as well as the provision of equipment. The community policing approach of the police will be furtherdeveloped and community engagement activities are foreseen to be implemented in rural areas.
Project: Programme to Build and Strengthen the Police Structures in Selected Partner Countries in Africa
Reports to: Team Leader
Assignment & Period: 1.11.2019 - 31.12.2022
Location: Accra, Ghana
The component manager has the following tasks:
- Being responsible for the implementation of the Country Component Ghana,
- Advising the Ghanaian police in the areas of education and training, accountability and citizen-oriented policing
- Planning, implementing and monitoring of project activities together with national and international project partners and in close coordination with the
- Coordination Office of the Programme in Berlin and in accordance with the operational plan
- Budget planning and management
- Building networks
- Representation of the country component in Ghana in coordination with the GIZ Country Office,
- Coordination of activities with partners, donors, the German Embassy and other relevant organisations and partners
- Reporting and preparing technical papers of relevant topics
- Degree (Masters) in political science, law, economics or administrative sciences, alternatively: relevant police training and in-depth knowledge of police work
- Ten (10) years plus of professional experience in advising (police) reform processes and/or security sector reforms as well as organizational development, preferably in Africa
- Very good knowledge of German and international development cooperation
- Team player, high commitment, flexible and resilient
- Strong skills in networking with actors from various institutions and political levels, diplomatic skills
- Skills in dealing with clients, high intercultural sensitivity in dealing with national partner experts
- Fluent in English
- Understanding of German language and Leadership experience would be of advantage
- Competitive GIZ salary grid (Level 5T Ghana), SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and a one - page cover letter to
under the job code 2019/PFPOL/09/01.
Closing date: 19/09/2019