Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Creppy Group Of Companies;
The Creppy Group (TCG) is a privately owned Limited Liability Company registered under the Companies code, 1963 (ACT 179) and certified to Commence Business in August 2018. The family of Companies is engaged in Poultry and Pig Farming (Animal Husbandry Division), Food Products and Beverage Manufacturing(Food Processing Division) and Restaurant Services (Catering Division). The subsidiary companies operating under the umbrella of Creppy Group are Creppy Farms Ghana Ltd. (Animal Husbandry), Nature’s Finest Food Products Company (Food Processing), Nature’s Nourishment Food Products Company (Nutritional Beverages – Food Processing), and Nature’s Paradox Restaurants(Catering Services).
Position Title: Marketing & Sales Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation and Benefits: A competitive salary package based on a Base Salary plus Commission, commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered to the right applicant. This package will take the form of a Salary plus Commission Structure. After successfully completing a 3 month probationary work period and three additional months of demonstrated competency and accomplishments, Creppy Group will provide accommodation, a company Mobile phone with access to the internet and equipped with WhatsApp messaging application and a laptop.
Residential Requirement: All applicants must be willing to live within less than 15 kilometers of Kasoa (near Galilea Market).
Direct Reports: Position will have supervisory responsibilities over the following employees: An Assistant Marketing and Sales Manager as well as all Marketers (temporary and permanent workers).
The Marketing and Sales Manager Reports Directly To: President and Chief Executive Officer (Proprietor).
Rewarding Hard Work: At Creppy Group (TCG), we know that our employees work tirelessly to provide our customers with the best support and care they possibly can. Therefore, we are proud to offer competitive compensation plus bonus packages to reward our hardworking employees.
Job Description: The Creppy Group seeks to employ an experienced Marketing and Sales Manager who is dependable; detail-oriented; self-motivated; has excellent communication skills (oral and writing), a strong work ethic as well as an extraordinarily impeccable sense of integrity and honesty. The applicant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day Marketing & Sales operations of the company and will use his or her knowledge in Marketing to skillfully develop reliable sales leads for the company’s products. The position also requires basic bookkeeping skills and a proficiency in using Microsoft Excel to record daily accounting transactions and Microsoft Word for word processing. Other important requirements are the use of the internet for research purposes, the use of communication applications like WhatsApp to send daily messages to proprietor who lives abroad and a high level of proficiency in the use of social media to target prospective customers and to market Creppy Group products.
Primary Responsibility: The primary responsibility for this position is the acquisition and nurturing of customers to promote the sale of Nature’s Finest Whole Egg Powder. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the acquisition of customers and will be expected to continuously nurture the relationship with existing customers. This function requires that the applicant uses multiple marketing channels (traditional and contemporary) to reach the product’s main target markets – household, street vendors, store retailers, educational institutions, restaurants and supermarkets.
Note: This position will primarily focus on the Marketing and Sale of Egg Powder manufactured by Nature’s Finest Food Products. The Egg Powder is made from natural raw shell eggs which are converted into egg powder using either the Spray-dry or a Freeze-dry method. The Egg Powder can be used in any recipe that requires the use of raw shell eggs but has several advantages over using raw shell eggs. Getting the Ghanaian consumer to replace raw shell eggs with Egg Powder, would require a talented Marketing and Sales person to convince the consumer about the benefits of using Egg Powder. This is why the position requires the incumbent to be a talented and an extraordinarily creative individual who can successfully get the consumer to adopt the use of the Egg Powder.
Even though the main focus of this position, for now, will be Nature’s Finest Food Products, as time goes on, the incumbent will be progressively involved in marketing the farm products produced by Creppy Farms (CF).
Creppy Farms (CF) has operations at two locations, namely Ojobi (near Akotsi) where the poultry farm is located and Bontrase where the Pig Farm is located. Both locations are in the Central Region close to Kasoa. The Production Manager will be based at Ojobi but will be in charge of both operations.
The poultry farm which is currently being restructured to expand its capacity from 15,000 birds to 30,000 birds, is a midsize commercial poultry farm that engages in a primary activity of layer poultry farming, where egg laying poultry birds are raised for the purpose of commercial egg production, poultry meat and processed poultry products. The restructuring will include facilities for Feed Production, Corn Storage and Cold Store. It will also include an Office Space, a Cafeteria and sleeping quarters for staff.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Pig Farm just went into operation and currently has 3 males and 6 females. In the coming months, Creppy Farms expects to significantly raise the capacity of the pig farm to 1200 females and 300 males.
Creppy Farms sells Fresh Farm Eggs, Live Chicken and Live Pigs mainly to its sister company Nature’s Finest Food Products as well as to Wholesalers, Retailers and other commercial entities such as Bakeries, Restaurants, Hotels and Educational Institutions. In making these sales, the Production Manager will work collaboratively with the Marketing and Sales Manager and the Accountant for the successful implementation of these transactions.
Note: The Incumbent will be expected to spend some of his or her time in a farm environment. Working in a farm environment is a completely different experience from working in a regular office setting with all the convenience of modern technology, a nice office and modern amenities. This job does not require taking care of animals, but periodically the Marketing and Sales Manager will be expected to manage the sale of Creppy Farms products and must work collaboratively with the Production Manager and the Accountant to market the products to prospective customers. It is therefore important to note that the incumbent will be periodically exposed to conditions typical to working on a farm, with an exposure to unpleasant odors from the waste of farm birds. This is not an exaggeration. If you know that you cannot work under such conditions, please do not waste your time and the time of Creppy Group to apply for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management and Administrative Duties
- Marketing and Sales
- Organize a group of Marketers to go out on retail sales assignments on a daily basis.
- The Incumbent must be willing and able to go on retail marketing and sales assignments to promote sales.
- Arrange meetings with Purchasing Managers of major retail outlets (Supermarkets), Educational Institutions with Boarding Facilities, Hospitals with Admission facilities, Hotels with catering Facilities, Bakeries and Restaurants to negotiate bulk sales to these outlets.
- Very proficient and savvy in using Broadcast, Print and Social media outlets to design effective advertising campaigns to promote the sale of the products.
- Report key operating statistics on a daily basis to the President through the WhatsApp messaging application.
- Accurately record all Marketing and Sales activities in an Excel spreadsheet and submit the spreadsheet to the Accountant and Proprietor, upon request, for review.
- Actively look for opportunities to showcase the company’s products in trade fairs (trade expos, trade exhibitions) to increase the brand awareness and sales of the product.
- Recruit, Train and Organize permanent and temporary workers as marketers to do daily retail sales. Find creative ways to encourage, and incentivize marketers to perform at their absolute best.
- Creating Records: Extraordinarily Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel (and Word) to record Marketing and Sales related data for Accountant and Proprietor. It is especially important that the Marketing and Sales Manager maintain a nationwide customer database of names and telephone numbers.
- The incumbent will oversee the design, preparation, content development and distribution of all publicity materials for Creppy Group of Companies in general and Nature’s Finest in particular. In performing this function, the Marketing and Sales Manager shall seek the approval of the President and CEO for all publicity materials disseminated through all media in the name of Creppy Group of Companies.
- Identify and work with talented Graphic Designers and Illustrators to design cutting-edge and creative flyers, banners, food labels and other materials that can be used for advertising campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with the Production and Packaging Manager to ensure that the product quality is consistent with standards desired by customers.
- Ability to identify credit worthy buyers and supply them with the Egg Powder on a credit basis. The incumbent, with the assistance of the Accounting and Business Manager will make rounds on a weekly basis to collect payments from debtors.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the uses of Egg Powder and a unique ability to convince prospective buyers of the advantages of using the product over raw shell eggs.
- Organize sales events in targeted areas of Accra and in other regions to create brand awareness and promote sales.
- Identify and recruit talented individuals to work purely on commission as District and Regional Sales Representatives for the Egg Powder.
- Formulate leading-edge marketing strategies that build knowledge, awareness and enhance the brand identity for Creppy Group Products and the Eggs Powder in particular.
- Possess a very energetic and outgoing personality. Must be conscientious in regards to customers’ needs and always be able to adapt to their needs.
- Establish ambitious but realistic Sales goals and create programs to meet these goals.
- Provide leadership for developing sales leads and coordinate the efforts of the marketing department to attract prospective customers, convert such prospects to repeat customers with a long-term relationship with the products of the company.
- The incumbent must align sales goals with company objectives and implement strategies to increase revenue.
- Work with the Production and Packaging Manager and the Accounting and Business Manager (ABM) to create a Budget for marketing and sales promotion.
- Design effective Advertising, Marketing and Sales strategies for all other products sold by Creppy Group.
- Responsible for preparing work and day-off schedules for Marketers.
- Formulate leading-edge marketing strategies that build knowledge, awareness and enhance the brand identity for the Egg Powder as well as other products sold by Creppy Group of Companies.
- Hiring Good Quality Marketing Assistants: Responsible for hiring well-qualified Marketing Assistants and any other employees needed for the smooth operation of the Marketing and Sales Department.
- The incumbent must be willing and able to use creative ways to effectively promote the sale of the products and must understand that throwing lots of money and other resources at a marketing campaign may not necessarily translate into a successful sales outcome.
- Design and implement marketing strategies, based on the company’s goals, market characteristics and budgeted resources, to promote the aspirations of Nature’s Finest in particular and Creppy Group in general, to become a market leader in the sale of Whole Egg Powder and other products.
- Employ a range of cost-effective, targeted, measurable and appropriately integrated marketing tools to achieve company goals. These may include web and digital media, direct mail, telemarketing, advertising, database management, daily retail sales exercises, trade fairs, display banners, brochures, flyers, and other relevant marketing vehicles.
- Remain current on industry trends related to e-marketing, e-commerce, search engine advertising, email, banners, landing pages, linking strategies, internet tracking tools, social network sites and other emerging approaches.
- Employ market segmentation methodologies to achieve the most targeted, cost effective results.
- Incorporate both quantitative and qualitative analyses as part of the planning and evaluation process. Establish measurements and success metrics to evaluate marketing efforts. Prioritize marketing investments, providing reports to senior management.
- Frequent Travel to Target Market Areas in Accra and around the Country: The nature of this position requires that the Marketing and Sales Manager travel frequently between the base office at Galilea and target market areas in Accra and around the country.
- All other duties as assigned by the President & CEO
Required Skills and Expectations
- Must have an extraordinarily creative skill-set in marketing communication designed to inform and persuade target audiences of the relative merits of using Whole Egg Powder.
- Must be prolific at increasing awareness, creating interest, generating sales and creating brand loyalty.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized individual with great interpersonal and polished presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms as a communication and advertisement tool and the internet as a research tool.
- Work under Pressure. The incumbent must be able to multi-task and work in a very high pressure environment.
- Work with Government Agencies, Network and Build Relationships: Have a good understanding of the inner workings of government agencies. Deal with all business related paperwork at the District, Regional and National levels of government (example: obtain permit to organize marketing events).
- Flexible With Work Hours: Willingness to work six days a week and be flexible with work hours, if necessary.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as proficiency in the use of WhatsApp messaging application as a means of daily communication with Proprietor. It is also important that the applicant is proficient in the use of the Internet for research as well as for the purposes of writing emails to send daily reports to the Proprietor upon request.
- Management Skills: Strong planning, organization, and time management skills
- Basic skills in graphic design, web design & maintenance and setting up, monitoring & updating social media accounts.
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills; marketing management and strategic planning experience; a proven track record in developing and administering a marketing program.
Prior Marketing and Sales Experience: Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Marketing or any related field.
- Prior sales experience (minimum of 2 years) with large Marketing company or worked in the Marketing Department of a large company is preferred
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Marketing: 3 years or more
- Sales: 3 years or more
CONTINUE READING BELOW
If you are interested in this position and have the required experience and qualifications please follow the guidelines below to submit your application:
- In your email, please insert the position title, Marketing and Sales Manager on the subject line along with the website where you found the job listing. Example: Marketing and Sales Manager – Jobweb Ghana
- Send your Resume to the attention of the Director of Human Resources at the following email address: email@example.com
- Very Important (Any Application without this Document will be rejected): Send a two page write-up explaining how you intend go about the following:
Scenario: Nature’s Finest Food Products (a subsidiary of the Creppy Group of Companies) uses raw shell eggs to produce Whole Egg Powder. This product has been approved by the FDA and the GSA. The product is new on the Ghanaian market and is likely to be patronized by Restaurants, Hospitals with Admission Facilities; Institutions with Boarding Facilities; Large Supermarkets (Shoprite); Bakeries; Restaurants; and individuals who are likely to pay for the convenience of using Egg Powder instead of the raw shell eggs.
Instructions: Provide a Two Page write-up to explain what Marketing Strategies (Traditional and Contemporary) you intend to use to familiarize Ghanaians with this product and to significantly achieve a high sales volume within the shortest possible time.
- Very Important (Any Application without this Document will be Rejected):
Instructions: Provide a One page write up of stating what in your education, professional training and accomplishments make you the best qualified candidate for this job.
- Very Important (Any Application without this Document will be Rejected):
Instructions: Include an active email address and telephone numbers where you can be reached in case you are shortlisted for this position.
Please Note: With every due respect, you will be wasting your time if you apply for this position without the required experience and qualifications and if you don’t comply with all the requirements under “How to Apply for this Position”.