Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Walulel is our name and GeoTech is our game! We dedicate our waking hours to providing our customers with the Geospatial Intelligence that gives places meaning, the Geosocial Communication needed to breathe life into bricks and mortar, and the Geocivic Engagement capability to supercharge citizenries.
Since 2017, we’ve been developing game changing, award winning technology. We now we believe we can go even further and become one of the continent’s finest software and data analytics firms. So, if that sounds like something you want to be a part of, we need you on our team.
Who you’ll need to be?
A logical and insatiably curious individual. Most importantly, we want people who are looking to join an innovative start-up, offering great scope for career development, travel and future growth.
If you already have an interest in architecture, urban planning and/or spatial data analysis then we will want to hear from you. You will also need to be decisive enough to utilise real discretion and enjoy working closely with both back and front-end development teams.
As it’s a start-up, from day one you’ll be considered a key member of the team, and you’ll be in a role where your opinion always matters, and your innovation always rewarded. You’ll also have to enjoy being involved in all aspects of the product development lifecycle. In addition, there’s a healthy training budget to facilitate your growth journey, we’d need you to be ever-ready to add to your own knowledge base.
What you’ll need to know
We need a talented developer with a strong grasp of PHP, SQL and WAMP/LAMP frameworks. Most importantly, we want people who are looking to join an innovative start-up, offering great scope for career development and future growth.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
As a minimum we need people who have:
- Some experience with the MVC framework (preferably Laravel);
- World beating SQL skills, including database design, development and optimisation;
- World class recent experience of development working with the Windows Command Line Interface;
- Understanding of Bash Scripting and its applicability;
- Working knowledge of windows server shell commands; and
- Experience of writing scalable presentation-server code with associated server API tests and the documentation specific to developed APIs and component implementations.
What else would be good?
- Bachelors/Masters level (or higher) degree in Computer Science (or a similar/related field);
- Extensive hands-on development experience with a viewable portfolio;
- Knowledge of source control systems, such as Mercurial and/or GIT;
- Previous experience of working with Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, Cloud Front and Route 53;
- Experience of working with other scalable hosted solutions; and
- Experience of working on mobile and/or responsive web projects.
Why work with Walulel?
You’ll be joining a company split between London and Accra with a friendly team of highly-skilled, ambitious and motivated data scientists, architects, urban planners and web developers who work collaboratively to achieve a common goal of delivering impactful analysis. We work closely together to develop statistical models, that solve complex problems and identify opportunities so as to show people the places they already know in a manner they’ve never seen before.
Unlike other companies we work a four-day week (Monday to Thursday), but we pay a full-time salary. Now if that isn’t reason enough to apply, we don’t know what is! In addition, the founding staff of which you’ll be a part get an equity stake and a genuine opportunity to help shape the future of Walulel. Our place of work is in London or Accra and we are offering whatever salary, you can convince us you are worth as what we’re really concerned with is bringing the best talent on to our team.
How To Apply
Please send an up-to-date copy of your CV, together with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.