Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
To provide an independent assurance to the Board that the organisation’s, risk management, governance and internal control mechanisms are functioning effectively.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide an annual assessment on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s processes for controlling its activities, managing its risks and ensuring good governance.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines issued by Bank of Ghana and other corporate stakeholders.
- Ensure the Unit work to ensure strict compliance with the requirements of the internal audit charter/audit time-table and programmes.
- Ensure high quality of audit and investigation work acceptable to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure up to date review of Financial Reports and reconciliation for early detection of irregularities before external examinations.
- Undertake periodic unannounced visits to the various offices to review operations to check for compliance with policies and procedures
- Review audit, inspection and investigation report findings, recommendations and monitor the rectification of the identified anomalies and implementation of recommendations.
- Experience in implementing and enforcing AML/CFT/KYC regimes
- Ensure major issues uncovered in the cause of auditing are well documented, highlighted and reported upon.
- Maintain effective liaison with external auditors/regulatory inspectors.
- Review and recommend additions, amendments to existing policies and guidelines on internal controls to reflect changes in the business environment.
- Submit quarterly reports to the Board of Directors through the Board Sub Committee on Finance and Audit exceptions raised during audits.
Recommended For You:
Qualification and Requirements
- First degree or a qualified professional qualification in ACCA, CA, CIMA.
- 5 years’ experience as an Internal Audit department preferably in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of financial sector and modern internal auditing practices will be an advantage.
Skills / Competence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work to meet deadlines.
- A person with a high level of integrity
- A strong analytical ability and negotiating skills.
- The ability to establish relationships at all levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: