Jobs In Ghana 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana July 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job.
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
CARE International is one of the World’s leading humanitarian and development organizations. Founded in 1945, CARE has been fighting global poverty and defending the dignity of people around the world, working in over 90 countries around the globe.
CARE started operations in Ghana in 1994 and have for the past 23 years, has partnered government agencies, multinational and Civil Society organizations to undertake interventions in the areas of education, food and nutrition security, financial inclusion, women’s empowerment, governance, among others.
- The Project Facilitator (PF) will be based in the Asawinso Cocoa District and will be required to work in 21 communities in the district in which she/he will be based. The PF will report directly to the Project Officer, who will be based in the Kumasi Sub-Office.
- The Project Facilitator (PF) is responsible for the implementation of the project at the district and community level.
- Develop, manage and supervise relationships and activities of beneficiary communities and collaborating partners
- Sensitize communities and district partners about various project objectives
- Facilitate the negotiation of MOUs, SOWs and contracts with communities and collaborating partners
- Monitor and evaluate community level activities and submit reports to the Project Officer using approved templates
- Work with Project Officer and partners in planning and organizing training workshops for community groups and others as may be required
- Lead community sensitization and interventions in all participating communities in collaboration with partners and in line with project objectives
- Mobilize and organize community into groups of interest (CDCs – Women’s groups, etc) based on the project for proper ownership of the development process & outcomes.
- Facilitate community development, in food security and nutrition, gender and child protection.
- Build community capacity in networking, partnership, resource mobilization and advocacy
- Work with Project Officer in the preparation and implementation of work plans, capacity building modules, planning and delivery of project activities. Support the PO to design, develop and implement project strategies and plans, ensuring they are in line with the project objectives, strategies and principles, and CARE’s mission and vision.
- Support the PO to design and implement project approaches and methodologies aiming towards community empowerment, partner capacity building, partnerships and policy influence as well as lesson learning.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate activities in collaboration with partners and other stakeholders, so as to ensure the efficient and effective achievement of project objectives
- Assist the PO in the preparation of monthly forecast and quarterly financial and activity reports
- Work with the PO to ensure all beneficiary communities receive appropriate technical support from CARE’s District partners and consultants
Required Skills or Experience
- A good first degree or Diploma from a recognized University or Tertiary Institution in Social Work, Social Science, Community Development, Adult Education, or other related courses.
- At least two years of field experience in working with communities, community- based organizations (CBOs) especially farmer-based organizations (FBOs) with an NGO or public sector agencies; Experience working with girls and women will be an added advantage
- Experience in facilitating linkages, relationship building and networking
- Experience in adult training methodologies such as the use of PRA/PLA tools and Community Action Planning
- Excellent knowledge of the Wiawso Municipality and the cocoa sector
- Appreciable working knowledge of Akan customary practices
- Ability to demonstrate Community development and facilitation skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and able to meet deadlines
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Ability to ride a motorbike (valid motor riding license).
- Good written and oral communication skills in English. Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders (strong demonstrable report writing skills).
- Excellent facilitation, People Skills, Integrity and Resilience / Adaptation and flexibility
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;