Purchasing/Procurement Jobs In Accra : Creative Associates Job Vacancy For Junior Procurement & Logistics OfficerPurchasing/Procurement Jobs In Ghana 2020
Jobs In Accra 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International (Creative Associates) is implementing USAID/West Africa’s program Partnerships for Peace (P4P). The five-year program is partnering with stakeholders at the regional, national, and sub-national levels across several West African countries, to develop a shared foundational understanding of counter violent extremism (CVE) approaches; to increase governmental and civil society leadership of CVE efforts; and to improve regional coordination.
The Junior Procurement & Logistics Officer is responsible for the acquisition of goods and services for P4P’s activities and operations in its four focus countries, as well as procurements for the regional Accra office. S/he will be responsible for providing oversight of all procurements in the country offices, including providing guidance to the Program Assistants in each country and/or directly conducting procurement processes him/herself in compliance with P4P/Creative policies and procedures and US Government regulations, with oversight from the Deputy Chief of Party. The Junior Procurement & Logistics Officer is responsible for updating the project inventory for goods procured for grantees and partners and for P4P’s own office equipment, in close coordination with the P4P Program Assistants in each country and the P4P grants team. This position will be based in the Accra office; however, travel throughout the Sahel region is required.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
REPORTING AND SUPERVISION
The Junior Procurement and Logistics Officer will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct and/or monitor procurement processes for office operations and program activities through in-kind grants or direct activities in all project countries, and regional Accra office;
- Ensure that each procurement process is conducted correctly and that all documentation is appropriately approved in accordance with authorities matrix and filed – including but not limited to: purchase requests, requests for quotations or requests for proposals, vendor quotations or proposals, non-conflict of interest forms, evaluation score sheets, bid matrices/comparative statement, vendor vetting, blanket purchase agreement (BPA)/purchase order (PO)/subcontract/consultant agreement, goods or services received note (GRN/SRN), invoices and payment request forms;
- Confirm that quality of goods and services received are in accordance with the requirements and terms and conditions of the award document (PO/BPA/subcontract/consultant agreement);
- Track deliveries of goods and services and provide logistical support, as needed, to country offices;
- Submit payment requests to finance and track payments to vendors, consultants, and subcontractors;
- In close coordination with the DCOP, ensure that each procurement is conducted in a fair and transparent manner and is carried out in accordance with P4P/Creative policies and procedures and USAID regulations;
- Ensure that P4P procurement tracker is updated weekly;
- Lead weekly operations meetings/calls with country offices;
- Provide oversight and guidance to Program Assistants in each office to ensure that P4P inventory is updated regularly with all project-related non-expendable property – including for grantees and project partners;
- Conduct market analyses to ensure updated information on availability, costs and sources of goods and services frequently procured on the P4P project;
- Ensure that vendor databases are routinely updated for each project country;
- Track actual versus budgeted costs for procurements and provide assistance to the DCOP in preparing projections for cash requests and other ad hoc requests;
- Provide regular updates to management team regarding project procurements and logistics;
- Conduct any other duties and tasks as assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- High School diploma required; four-year university degree highly desired;
- Must have 3+ years of general work experience and 2+ years of specific experience related to the position working on USAID funded projects;
- Strong knowledge of USAID/US government regulations highly desirable;
- Strong ability to think critically, and be able to handle complicated logistical and procurement issues strongly desired;
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, prioritization, and time management skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English required; and proficiency in French is highly desirable;
- Ability to work well under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks, while meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and a CV/Resume in English to :
and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject header. The position will be open until filled.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer