Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Ghana, a relatively peaceful country in the West Africa sub-region currently hosts approximately 13,000 refugees from thirty-six (36) countries across the globe. The Ghana Refugee Board (GRB) was established by PNDC LAW 305 (D) of 1992 with a broad mandate to handle and manage refugee issues, provide care, assistance and protection for all asylum seekers and refugees on the shores of Ghana. GRB is an autonomous agency of the Ministry of the Interior.
The Board is chaired by an official appointed by the President, and composed of representatives from the Ghana Police, Immigration, National Security, Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Education, Gender and Social Welfare, Attorney General and Justice and the National Disaster Management Organization with an observer status for UNHCR representation.
Board functions are performed within the following legal framework: Ghana Refugee Law of 1992; the 1951 UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees; the 1969 OAU Convention Governing Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa. GRB’s day-to-day affairs are handled by a Secretariat under an Executive Secretary appointed by the President on the advice of the Public Service Commission.
GRB is seeking to recruit suitably motivated and qualified persons for the following positions: Internal Auditor
• To evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management controls and governance processes for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertakes audit verification assignments.
• Prepares and submits audit findings to GRB Management.
• Prepares and maintains audit working papers for jobs assigned.
• Collate data for the development and implementation of audit control systems in the GRB
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Auditing or related field from an accredited tertiary institution.
• A member of a professionally recognized Institute e.g. CIA, ICA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA.
• A minimum of one (1) years post qualification relevant work experience in a reputable organization.
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by GRB in collaboration with the Public Services Commission and Internal Audit Agency.
• Ability to motivate subordinates.
• Must be a team player.
• Must have good computer skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Please send your CV and statement of purpose to:
Only those who meet the criteria above should apply
Closing Date: 31 May, 2019