Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Golder, we thrive on challenges. Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Tailings Engineer to join our Mine Waste Division on a full-time basis based in Ghana (Accra) or South Africa (Johannesburg).
This is a senior level position in the consulting team and is regarded as a professional person leading the delivery of tailings engineering services, in line with the Golder suite of engineering products.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead tailings engineering projects
- Provide technical advice and consultancy on complex tailings and geotechnical issues to clients and internal staff
- Provide services on tailings projects in the mining industry including:
– Design and inspection of tailings and water storage facilities
– The means of construction of tailings deposits.
– The operation and management of deposits.
– The properties and behaviour of tailings.
- Develop client relationship and build business
- Build reputation as Technical Leader/Lead Consultant
- Use advanced techniques, modifications and extension of theories, practices to synthesise and analyse data for decision making/ recommendations
- Keep abreast of advancing technologies, methods and research & development
- Provide safety leadership in identifying and alleviating/ eliminating high priority safety hazards and complete 4 OH&S incident reporting per year
- Participate in training activities, mentoring and transferring knowledge to engineers.
- Plan, develop schedules, coordinate and direct manpower on important engineering projects to meet completion deadlines.
- Supervise, coordinate and review/evaluate activities carried out by junior engineers.
- Prepare proposals and reports for clients
- Other duties as required
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Relevant Degree in the geotechnical / Civil Engineering
- Professional Register at ECSA (Min 4 years)
- 10Years experience post graduation
- Legislation related to Engineering / Geotechnical environment
- Financial Knowledge and understanding
- Geotechnical experience at a consulting firm
- Exposure to mining and industrial projects
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure – own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Things You Might Like
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.