Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Senior Geotechnical Engineer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To develop and lead an effective site Geotechnical Engineering* team capable of continuously enhancing
performance whilst delivering on the business objectives / targets and to mitigate geotechnical risk by identifying geotechnical hazards and advising appropriate actions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assist the Chief Geotechnical Engineer to establish the necessary Geotechnical processes and practices for the operations of the Obuasi Mine.
- Provide unequivocal Geotechnical planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the annual Geotechnical cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM business plans.
- Deliver the work of the Geotechnical function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Mine Technical Services Department and with the Geotechnical team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development.
- Responsible and accountable for their team’s environmental obligations and performances by conducting informal meetings with team and reporting any weaknesses in the environmental procedures.
- Enforce all environmental work procedures that have been issued by the Departmental Manager.
- Attend all scheduled and assigned environmental training meetings.
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc in Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or similar
- Five (5) to eight (8) years’ experience and demonstrated technical capability and knowledge of open pit and/or underground mining geotechnical design and implementation
- Demonstrated capability to conduct technical geotechnical work with limited supervision
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening
- Experience in the use of Mining Geotechnical Software;
- Good Communication Skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Understands all the aspects of design basis and mechanisms identification and has demonstrated the ability to address their impact on the design with minimal supervision.
- Knows when to engage Specialists support.
- Understands how inputs & outputs to design specification contributes to the design parameters and how they can be manipulated to reduce variability.
- Can implement a new design specification philosophy under supervision.
- Commission and maintain a fit-for-purpose monitoring system for the mining method.
- Investigates areas of significant deviation from the LOM design predicted operational limits
- Conducts advanced evaluation and trend assessments and reports the results at daily/weekly production meetings (short term focus) – knows when to engage Specialist support
- Collects and manages relevant data to a high standard of quality assurance and control.
- Uses relevant statistical analysis, technical models, systems and tools as part of the analytical process.
- Makes & supports conclusions with accurate information & analysis suited to the mining method.
- Construct numerical models in simple codes.
- Understands the critical operational parameters to operate numerical codes and equipment within design tolerances.
- Understands the basic assumptions and reliability of numerical codes and equipment, and can identify when results are outside of norm.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.