Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does ” in programmes, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children's rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life "in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions ” her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society's most disadvantaged citizens ” addressing inequity” not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
The Health Specialist reports to the Chief of Health & Nutrition Section for guidance and general supervision. The Specialist supports the development and preparation of the health program/s and is responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of program progress of HIV and AIDS programme(s), particularly PMTCT-Plus and Paediatric Care, sector of the health program/s within the country program.
The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM) and organizational Strategic Plans and goals, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to program development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
The following additional key results will be expected from the incumbent of this position. Experience in these areas is desirable.
- Plan and provide technical support/guidance to the preparation and conduct/update of situation analysis to establish a comprehensive/updated strategic plan for development, design and management of health-related programs. Keep abreast of development trends to enhance program management, efficiency and delivery
- Provide technical and programming support for UNICEFs support to the national HIV/AIDS response, especially the efforts towards achieving the 90-90-90 targets by 2020. Provide technical advice and assistance to government officials and other partners in the planning, implementation HIV/AIDS prevention, Paediatric HIV treatment and care
- Provides cross-cutting technical support in the implementation and monitoring of PMTCT and paediatric AIDS treatment programmes. Coordinate UNICEF contributions towards the JUNTA - Joint UN programme of Support on HIV/AIDS. Foster strong partnerships with key HIV/AIDS stakeholders such as Global Funds to leverage resources for children.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or other health related science is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant progressive professional experience in public health/nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal and neonatal health care, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness is required. Some international experience preferably in a developing country, an asset.
- Relevant experience in health/nutrition program/project development and specific expertise in designing, scaling up and monitoring Peadiatric HIV & PMTCT programs in any UN system agency or organization is an asset
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Qualified female candidate are strongly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process. Availability of application/cover letter and detailed CV and/or resume will be helpful.
Detailed JD is attached.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: