Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
• Ensure that administrative matters in the department are handled effectively
• Ensure that journalistic standards of the company are strickly adhered to
• Appraise subordinates in line with the company's performance management system
• Perform an ombudsman role in resolving complaints with the National Media Commission and other institutions arising from publications
• Ensure that Editors edit content of all newspapers to meet the company's standard
• Recommend plans and strategies to support the profitable growth of the company in terms of creating a clear competitive advantage for all of the company's newspapers
• Liaise with Director, Marketing & Sales on product development and content marketing. Ensure that Editors of all the brands implement overall sales strategy, direction and control of the company's newspapers
• Liaise wit the Production Manager to print all of the company's newspapers ensuring the highest print quality and timely delivery of works to marketing for dispatch to the market
• Responsible for the training and development, professionalism and motivation of the staff of the department
• Responsible for drawing up the annual operating plans of the department and achievement of targets and goals
• Ensure that things posted online for various brands are in tandem with the standards of the company
Qualification Required & Experience
• 1ST Degree in Communication/Journalism Studies or related field plus 8 years relevant postgraduate experience, 3 of which should be at senior management level
• Member of the Ghana Journalism Association
Skills / Competencies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong computer literacy skills
• Strong media communication skills
• Good sense for news selection and keen eye for detail
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills
• Strong business skills
How To Apply
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed Cv together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
Director, HR & Administration
Graphic Communications Group LTD
P.O.Box GP 742
Or email to:
Closing Date: 25 January, 2019
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.