Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Ghana News Agency (GNA), the only national wire service in-charge of collection, packaging and dissemination of news, is inviting applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians to fill the under-mentioned vacant position as IT Director.
JobSearchGh is creating transparency between you and the employers. Visit us everyday for latest jobs in Ghana. Search & apply your dream jobs in Ghana today with just a click away. The best job search website in Ghana. Please do not pay anybody a fee. Proceed with caution.
• Oversee all technology operations (e.g network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
• Identify security vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase data safety Direct and support implementation of software and hardware upgrades
• Identify and recommend new technology solutions for implementation of strategies set by upper management
• Analyse the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
• Purchase efficient and cost effect technological equipment and software
• Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
• Identify the needs for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
• Coordinate IT staff and other professionals to provide guidance
• coordinating IT activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary
• Control budget and report on expenditure
• Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
Qualification Required & Experience
• Proven experience as IT lead or similar role
• Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
• Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc
• Experience in information security management
• Experience in use of computer assisted audit techniques/tools (CAATs)
• Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
• Experience in application development and implementation
• Strong understanding of software development life cycle
• Database development and management skills
• Experience in controlling information technology budget
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication abilities
• BSc in computer science, engineering, physics/mathematics or relevant field
• MSc in I.T or an MBA in Tech will be a plus
• Should be a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
• 8 years work experience
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.