Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To acquire, maintain, and divest land, and various legal interests in land, within Africa in support of the company’s exploration, development, social / community, and mining endeavours. To represent Newmont’s interest with business partners across the Region and establish sound internal and external stakeholder networks regarding the company’s lands and various legal interests in land.
Coordination with Key Internal and External Stakeholders:
- Foster communications between the Region and global Land, Legal, Exploration, and Corporate Development departments to ensure that regional endeavours are aligned and consistent with global policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Negotiate with third parties (e.g., indigenous communities, individuals, companies, etc.) for the acquisition of surface and subsurface land rights required for mine development or mine operations.
Land and Technical Duties:
- Plan, forecast, budget, and satisfy all land-related obligations necessary to maintain the validity of all of company’s lands, and interests in land, located in the Region, including, but not limited to, working with other departments to guarantee:
- exploration expenditures are timely and properly made.
- monetary obligations, including royalties, are timely and properly made or received.
- reports required by government entities and third-parties are timely and properly submitted / filed or received.
- Coordinate with Regional VP, Legal, Land teammates, outside legal counsel and advisors, and other departments (e.g., Exploration, Corporate Development, S&ER, Finance, Operations, etc.), to provide critical land expertise and support in negotiating land-related agreements with private, indigenous, or governmental entities.
- Conduct field inspections to verify required monuments delimiting our lands are properly erected and maintained, together with identifying trespass or illegal mining.
- Verify that all relevant transactions are conducted and concluded in accordance with the Company’s Code of Conduct and values.
- Coordinate with Regional VP, Legal, Land teammates, outside legal counsel and advisors, and other departments (e.g., Exploration, Corporate Development, S&ER, Finance, Operations, etc.) to determine surface and subsurface land rights needed for Company’s exploration, development, mining, processing, reclamation/closure, and other corporate activities, including such rights needed for associated facilities, mitigation, exchanges, and other strategic needs of the Company, including those land rights to be retained by the Company in farm-outs, exchanges, outgoing leases, options, and related transactions.
- Verify all land rights are properly registered or recorded in appropriate public and / or mining registries.
Reporting and Tracking Obligations
- Report and maintain land database, records, maps, reports, etc. to advise the company of its land holdings and associated agreements, rights, terms, payments, royalties, maintenance obligations, and receivables.
- Work with Land teammates, develop, monitor, and maintain knowledge of competitor-owned lands, and interests in land, located adjacent or near Company’s mines and projects and identify opportunities to either acquire or divest land, or various interests in land.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.